Limitless limitless Drag race questions for a noob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy22

Reaction score
hello all i just received my limitless .. and curious if anyone has a good starting point for esc, motor and batteries looking for options on what everyone uses wanting to stay away from sensor less systems. unless there is really no good options... any help will be appreciated

thanks

I don’t know anything about drag racing, but I think a Castle Monster Mamba X with a 1650kv 1717 motor would be a good setup. I’ve got that in my Kraton EXB. I setting up a Max6 ESC with a 1650kv 4985sl in my Felony. I’ve got no clue which is going to be better.

Spool, MMX, and a TP 4070 2200 CM with your choice of Cap pack. You'll have to turn the center diff housing around to make it fit. A set of ceramic bearings would help a ton also. I hope you have a serious tire budget. ???

That a 6 cell setup? And was planning on using a foam tire
Sorry, I haven't been on much. 8S capable but fast as hell on 6. You can gear it to the moon. The castle 1717 flies also. If you just want to be an a$$? The TP 4070 CM 2700 and 2950 are just plain demons (6S only). Grab a set of good fans no matter which you choose. The 1717 will be the coolest running next to the 2200kv TP. Heat is your new enemy. Well that and blown tires. ?

Spool, MMX, and a TP 4070 2200 CM with your choice of Cap pack. You'll have to turn the center diff housing around to make it fit. A set of ceramic bearings would help a ton also. I hope you have a serious tire budget. ???
Link to the ceramic bearings? Assuming you meant motor bearings

I am thinking with 7 second runs at 80 mph or less bearings wouldn't have much impact.

I know a guy that prefers the Max5 for drag racing over the castle ESCs. Never could get a solid reason out of him, but his stuff is amazingly fast and beats everything. His rigs are dialed where he drives with one hand on the trigger and never touches the steering.

I know he puts JB weld in his diffs and runs stock bearings LOL

I am thinking with 7 second runs at 80 mph or less bearings wouldn't have much impact.

I know a guy that prefers the Max5 for drag racing over the castle ESCs. Never could get a solid reason out of him, but his stuff is amazingly fast and beats everything. His rigs are dialed where he drives with one hand on the trigger and never touches the steering.

I know he puts JB weld in his diffs and runs stock bearings LOL

Does he JB Weld both front and rear diffs?

How’d it run with both diffs locked? Assume it was for the take off to be straight
Turning isn't good as expected but accelerated straight and strong. In this video it pulled a wheelie around 55-60 mph as I rolled past 1/2 throttle.
The camera fell off its mount when I hit the brakes hard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back