Lipo cells are shaking in a hardcase lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, basically I have a 2s hard case lipo, and if I shake it I can here the cells moving back and forth inside. Is there a way to fix this, or should I just use it as it is?
Should be fine. If you find it concerning, you should be able to pry open the case along the side and fit a strip of foam or cardboard inside to keep it from moving around.

It is a basher but I am pretty gentle on it, and the way the battery tray is set up there is foam in between the battery and the back of the battery tray.
If it's just a little "tappy-tap-tap" inside the case I wouldn't worry about it. On the other hand, if it's really slogging and clunking around in there it might be worth opening up to put a damper in it. I'm going to guess that it's the former as I've never seen (or heard) of a case that is just wildly oversized for the contained lipo. I'm not saying it's impossible, I would just be a little more than surprised if it was the latter.

I will just put some cardboard in the battery just to be safe.
Is there anything to be aware of before I cut the hard case open?
Be careful if you're using anything that could puncture a cell or you'll have a serious fire on your hands. Here's a pic of a hard pack that I took apart. There are four little tabs that hold the two halves together. If there's a wrap or sticker around the pack, remove that first so you can see where the two case halves meet and see if you can pry it open with a flat jewelers screwdriver or something similar. Something made of plastic might be safer but if you're careful you should be fine.
1662685914914.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back