Long range FPV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith W

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know of a long range tx/rx combo to control the car as I want to drive my Kraton 6s FPV. Flying FPV planes and Quads at the moment to a distance of 7-8 miles. Would be great to be able to drive the Kraton maybe 1/2 a mile. Realise that the fact its on the ground would greatly effect the range but what is on the market at the moment with the best range for a car. (I use TBS for Aircraft) Thanks Guys n Girls

Last edited:
For FPV the Caddix Walksnail Avatar would be my #1 choice.

120fps with very low latency..also their camera's are insane..it can be pitch black dark and you'll think it's still day.

I love Caddix cameras, i have one on my freestyle quadrotor.

The Avatar has audio & GPS with around 4km of range..but that's with standard antennas, upgrade those and the range get's crazy. ;)

https://caddxfpv.com/collections/wa...system-with-pro-camera?variant=44928160465198

Oh for Tx I'd get a Radiolink with either of the Rx's pictured.
I have the R8EF which is good for 2km, i have GPS on mine so will soon test to see if that range is legit.

Screenshot from 2023-04-15 08-40-24.png

Screenshot from 2023-05-08 17-37-56.png

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
You probably need a very long antenna and low Hz. Buddy flew here over all the lakes (with a FPV setup) in the are up to about 15km before that got illegal. I think he had an intermediate antenna set up somewhere. As I remember the antenna was a few meters long. At 100 Hz you are at 3,4 meter wavelength. Or he was at 35mHz and just used a much longer antenna to be sure the signal gets received. We told him he was not allowed to do it from our club to legal concerns. He also had a stronge transmitter antenna right next to him. Did not get more informed on it as it was foreseeable the laws were changing. As far as I remember he had a "return to base" setup in case signal was lost.

On the lower frequencies friends are flying well over 30 miles. To actually enjoy the hobby here you have to make up your'e own law. If you enjoy it, they will find a way to tax it or try to stop it. I can use all of my existing fpv gear. The radiolink stuff is looking a good bet for range as seen above.

I've been recently getting into fpv and geprc has long range camera options for 5'' and 7'' drones. But I'm a total noob..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back