Typhon Typhon TLR. Looking for a wide front bumper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaster27

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon TLR
I am looking for a front bumper for the TLR. Can someone send me a link? I could not find one. Don't even know if they make one for my car. Thank You. 🏁

My bro is running the Arrma super basher front bumper.. pic is not his though. Belongs to someone else here on AF.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/super-basher-front-bumper-exb/ARA320573.html

9781B37E-5DD4-4F3F-ADAF-C2C2F444F74D.jpeg.jpg

Thanks for that info. I can't open my TLR till Christmas, but I want to get what think I need before hand. That bumper will do the trick. 🏁 👍 Great job.

Thanks for that info. I can't open my TLR till Christmas, but I want to get what think I need before hand. That bumper will do the trick. 🏁 👍 Great job.
You bet bro!😉🍻
That bumper has saved my brother's Typhon quite a few times now.. it's big, and not the best looking but..when you need it, great to have!!
BTW, Congrats!! The Typhon 6s in any version is a beast of a buggy!! Enjoy!😁🍻
I think the bumper looks better, but that shock protector might as well be a pocket protector!!🤓🤣🤣🍻

Snagging every upslope and downslope at the track does sound like an enticing underbite. I’m sure it’s more robust if you’re forgetting to look for trees at full tilt 😆
Yeah, I can agree. Having an actual bumper on a track rig will always be a compromise. If it's just for fun, which is what I'm doing, I don't mind the bumper catching the ground here and there..
I did say the super basher bumper is on my brother's Typhon though, my Xray buggy has no front bumper cuz I don't want it hitting the ground! LOL.
Looking at the DU bumper you shared, looks easy to make from a piece of Kydex or similar? I have a piece kicking around the garage. 1/8" should make it beefy?..🤔
I recommend the Talion exb bumper
It looks better on the Typhon then the Kraton exb bumper imo
What's funny is, between my brother and I, we have all the variations of the current Arrma 6s front bumpers but, I never noticed the Tali is different..🤪 LOL

Talion bumper up front on mine, no concerns with it catching the ground since I use it for street bashing.
View attachment 330779
Great looking Typhon! I need to start incorporating bright colors on my rigs.. exb black is cool but can't see the dammed things in low light..😖🤓🤣

Black may look cool and on the shelf. Driving them is not all that. At a good distance they are hard to see.
Next to impossible to run a black or dark color at night. Especially without RC lighting.
At least for me.:giggle:
I go for bright colors, Florescents etc.

Is this your rig? I have to say, whatever style points were picked up with the bumper were completely deleted by the shock protector!! Dang that's ugly!!🤣🤣
Black may look cool and on the shelf. Driving them is not all that. At a good distance they are hard to see.
Next to impossible to run a black or dark color at night. Especially without RC lighting.
Yup, add aging eyes and uh..yeah, you know!!😉
The best is putting 2 EXB'S or more on a track at once!!🤔😲🤣

Is this your rig? I have to say, whatever style points were picked up with the bumper were completely deleted by the shock protector!! Dang that's ugly!!🤣🤣

Yup, add aging eyes and uh..yeah, you know!!😉
The best is putting 2 EXB'S or more on a track at once!!🤔😲🤣
No bumpers needed on mine, and I let my 5 and 6 year olds drive them 😂

The only difficulty making one like the old TBR/DU racing would be cutting the recess or hole for the ring gear bump on the chassis.
IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

No bumpers needed on mine, and I let my 5 and 6 year olds drive them 😂

The only difficulty making one like the old TBR/DU racing would be cutting the recess or hole for the ring gear bump on the chassis.
View attachment 330788

View attachment 330789

View attachment 330790
Off the ramps too? I suppose letting 5 and 6 year olds drive them is safer than letting a 56YO drunk drive them!!😉🤣🤣 I'm 52 BTW so, not me.😉
Oh..and beautiful rigs too BTW!!😁👍
I suppose a little grinding would remedy that? In the skid of course.. not the chassis, LOL. IIRC, I don't think exb chassis have the bump out of the blx chassis? I know, there's no exb Typhon chassis.

Last edited:
I run the Arrma SS Metal skid Fr and Rr. on my TLRT. That's about all. No bumpers. A Fr modded tower protector is quite functional. Ugly as sin. I agree. I made one. It's all to easy to lawn dart into the Front Tower with Buggies. Major damage that can result otherwise, if you are bashing hard . At the track it is not needed. IMHO.

Did this for the back of my Talion with .125 thick kydex. I just cut it to the main shape and heat to put an upward bend. When I put it on the rig I tightened the 2 front screws down all the way, then used a heat gun where the bump is and tightened the back 3 screws while its still hot. Took almost all of the gap out, so far its held up good, but only had a few cartwheels and nose to sky landings so far, lol.
20231108_094358.jpg

Great looking Typhon! I need to start incorporating bright colors on my rigs.. exb black is cool but can't see the dammed things in low light..😖🤓🤣
Parking lot I bash my Typhon at the most has a pretty dark top surface. Even with the stock Typhon body having red, its easy to lose for a split second because curbs also have the firelane red paint. As you all know, losing sight of a Typhon for a split second at speed near curbs can be an expensive mistake. Guess how I know... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Learned my lesson, thats how I ended up with the yellow paint job, lol. Very easy to track even with my vision not being what it used to be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back