Looking for Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I'm looking to get some lights for my Big Rock 3s V3. I see lots on Amazon that say they are for 1:10 crawlers. Is there any reason they have to be used for crawlers or can I use them on mine? Or maybe someone has a recommendation on a good set of leds I can tuck in somewhere so they won't get destroyed? Also maybe a good link to an instructional video on how to wire them up would be great?
Thank you in advance for your help. I am very new to the hobby.

Hey,
I'm looking to get some lights for my Big Rock 3s V3. I see lots on Amazon that say they are for 1:10 crawlers. Is there any reason they have to be used for crawlers or can I use them on mine? Or maybe someone has a recommendation on a good set of leds I can tuck in somewhere so they won't get destroyed? Also maybe a good link to an instructional video on how to wire them up would be great?
Be careful with Polo Creations, you'll find many horror stories here from people that tried to install their lights. Customer service is basically non-existent, and the minimal instructions they send will barely get you through the installation. You can use any LED light, they say crawler just b/c that it is mostly what people mount them on, but they can be used on any RC. I have a LED light bar on my Senton. Just plug it in to one of the empty accessory/aux ports on your ESC and you're good to go.

no

Be careful with Polo Creations, you'll find many horror stories here from people that tried to install their lights. Customer service is basically non-existent, and the minimal instructions they send will barely get you through the installation. You can use any LED light, they say crawler just b/c that it is mostly what people mount them on, but they can be used on any RC. I have a LED light bar on my Senton. Just plug it in to one of the empty accessory/aux ports on your ESC and you're good to go.
This is exactly why.

Yes I know first hand their customer service sucks. You have to email them repeatedly just to get an answer. It's just an option for OP

Thanks for the warning! That's too bad because I was excited to see how many great aftermarket lights they had. Can you recommend somewhere else to get as great of a selection of lights? I'm from Canada and there is very little up here. I really liked the lights that are custom made for my truck. Are they available anywhere that maybe has better quality and customer service? Thanks again for the advice!!

Hey,
You want a system like this🤔

IMG_20221017_204234556.jpg

IMG_20220918_203824593.jpg

I hope that lighting kit has a fuse and the point of plug in, that is a lot of wires 👀

Thanks I am ordering those as soon as they are in stock

I found a kit through polo creations I think they are called. Thanks for the reply
Good luck with that. Hope you pay by PayPal or credit card as you will eventually need to do a chargeback. I don't know how that place still exists when I personally and many many others have had nothing but bad experiences with them.

Good luck with that. Hope you pay by PayPal or credit card as you will eventually need to do a chargeback. I don't know how that place still exists when I personally and many many others have had nothing but bad experiences with them.
I still have two polo creation lights sets that both came in with every led bulb blown lol . numerous amount of attempts to reach a live person at customer service.finally someone answered to just tell me I need proof that it wasn't me that blew the bulbs .🤷how da fuk do I provide proof lol.polo creations is fkin joke .I have better luck from a cheap set from china

I still have two polo creation lights sets that both came in with every led bulb blown lol . numerous amount of attempts to reach a live person at customer service.finally someone answered to just tell me I need proof that it wasn't me that blew the bulbs .🤷how da fuk do I provide proof lol.polo creations is fkin joke .I have better luck from a cheap set from china
+1 same here

+1 same here
Then it is confirmed.no one buy light sets from polo creation..pure garbage customer service equals no sales from me .I rather keep making my own .I suggest buying your own wire and led bulbs and connectors and solder your own .besides typically they or even other companies never have the length I need for my builds so I allways end up making my own .it's more fun and my skills in soldering get better.😁 I feel nothing is better than custom made .it's also cheaper to make in my opinion

When ever you guys replace a servo ,save the connector from the bad servo .I use them to make light sets👍

Then it is confirmed.no one buy light sets from polo creation..pure garbage customer service equals no sales from me .I rather keep making my own .I suggest buying your own wire and led bulbs and connectors and solder your own .besides typically they or even other companies never have the length I need for my builds so I allways end up making my own .it's more fun and my skills in soldering get better.😁 I feel nothing is better than custom made .it's also cheaper to make in my opinion
I did the PC headlights & taillights on a rig. Headlights went out on the 1st run. I also put a generic china roof light on the same rig meant for a scale crawler, no problems.

I did the PC headlights & taillights on a rig. Headlights went out on the 1st run. I also put a generic china roof light on the same rig meant for a scale crawler, no problems.
Bro I hear ya ..on eBay they sell cheap light sets from china that work great ..I'm sure PC is all from china to buy for some reason the ones from PC suk ..sure someone has had good luck from PC but it's the customer service that suk ass ..

Bro I hear ya ..on eBay they sell cheap light sets from china that work great ..I'm sure PC is all from china to buy for some reason the ones from PC suk ..sure someone has had good luck from PC but it's the customer service that suk ass ..
Never did he return my messages. I sent 5. Crickets. And I spent a heck of a lot of time putting all that stuff in & putting in a harness inside the shell & extra CF rollbar supports. Rear red roll bar light. Roof bar. Headlights w blue markers, tails. All on separate on/off switches & channels. So I could run the rig with or without the lights all on. Pull the body up & I had 2 disconnects right there. Sits on the shelf now.

Never did he return my messages. I sent 5. Crickets. And I spent a heck of a lot of time putting all that stuff in & putting in a harness inside the shell & extra CF rollbar supports. Rear red roll bar light. Roof bar. Headlights w blue markers, tails. All on separate on/off switches & channels. So I could run the rig with or without the lights all on. Pull the body up & I had 2 disconnects right there. Sits on the shelf now.
So what's wrong with your sets? Is the bulbs or? It all can be replaced and fixed

So what's wrong with your sets? Is the bulbs or? It all can be replaced and fixed
The headlight bulbs quit. They will flicker if I mess with them. And I've looked at replacing them & splicing, just gotta make sure they'd fit the little housing. I moved on to the blue flame Mustang body. For now. It's getting beat up pretty bad.

The headlight bulbs quit. They will flicker if I mess with them. And I've looked at replacing them & splicing, just gotta make sure they'd fit the little housing. I moved on to the blue flame Mustang body. For now. It's getting beat up pretty bad.
**Mess with them at the bulb where the wires are made into led. Not the switches or the jst. Checked all that.

Back