Kraton Looking for opinions on the ultimate ESC/Motor combo for a Kraton 6S EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Max 6 has motor thermal protection? Can you elaborate?
No, it has ESC thermal protection, two values, I thought that’s what we were talking about. My bad, I see now that you said motor protection. My motor also has thermal protection now, it’s called a dual fan setup. Not disputing that the Castle system might be preferable for a couple of reasons, but for any 6s Arrma basher I’ll say that the HobbyWing is a rock solid choice. Here are the Max 6 programming options:
2705C096-019F-4A51-AAE4-1AE3E3D73FDD.jpeg

No, it has ESC thermal protection, two values, I thought that’s what we were talking about. My bad, I see now that you said motor protection. My motor also has thermal protection now, it’s called a dual fan setup. Not disputing that the Castle system might be preferable for a couple of reasons, but for any 6s Arrma basher I’ll say that the HobbyWing is a rock solid choice. Here are the Max 6 programming options:
View attachment 271094
Ah okay. You got me excited that HW added motor temp to the Max6.

Cheap, easy to source and reliable but you gotta stop talking about TPs as I want one bad lol
Me too! I'm sitting here wondering how nice that 13xx kv 4080 cm would be in my talion XL. Then it got me wondering if my 2022kv 4080 cm would work in my talion xl. Lighter than the 5660!

Haha I didn't even mention the double and triple tap to reverse! the wifey always complaining about that one, she literally HATES it. I gave her all the max 6's too, except for the one in my outcast. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That double tap has probably saved you countless dollars if she drives like most females. 🤣🤑

Max6 always overheated on grass for myself on 1650kV, 18T no matter the fan.
Spektrum, overheats but a lot later and I can compensate due to longer time. This one also has telemetry and I get Temps and voltage on my dx5.
Settings are about the same, they are both Hobbywing anyway.
Drawback is the Bec, make sure you are compatible on the servo.
Also Firma is cheaper when used, people don't like it for no reason their than it being Spektrum brand and new is overpriced.

Max6 always overheated on grass for myself on 1650kV, 18T no matter the fan.
Spektrum, overheats but a lot later and I can compensate due to longer time. This one also has telemetry and I get Temps and voltage on my dx5.
Settings are about the same, they are both Hobbywing anyway.
Drawback is the Bec, make sure you are compatible on the servo.
Also Firma is cheaper when used, people don't like it for no reason their than it being Spektrum brand and new is overpriced.
I've had the same experience with the max 6. Thing overheated easier than any other esc I've used so far. That was the main reason I took it out of my on-road rigs. With the way I like to gear my rigs and rip around that thing was screaming at me. I've yet to have similar problems with the max 5

Me too! I'm sitting here wondering how nice that 13xx kv 4080 cm would be in my talion XL. Then it got me wondering if my 2022kv 4080 cm would work in my talion xl. Lighter than the 5660!
I'm actually going to use my 4070 2250kv (regular motor) in my Kraton 6s soon. Only issue is the open cap on the wire side. I stuffed some foam between the wires and then shrunk wrapped the whole back end of the motor. Hoping this keeps most crap out of the motor without creating heat issues.

I'm actually going to use my 4070 2250kv (regular motor) in my Kraton 6s soon. Only issue is the open cap on the wire side. I stuffed some foam between the wires and then shrunk wrapped the whole back end of the motor. Hoping this keeps most crap out of the motor without creating heat issues.
I totally taped one of mine =D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back