Typhon Looking to purchase in bulk some screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmryde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 6s
I am on masterbolts website loking at some M3/M4 flat and cap head 12.9 screws. My question is they offer them @.50 course and 1.0 course. So what courseness fits arrmas rc's?
Also is there a better place to order from?

I am on masterbolts website loking at some M3/M4 flat and cap head 12.9 screws. My question is they offer them @.50 course and 1.0 course. So what courseness fits arrmas rc's?
Also is there a better place to order from?
For M3 you want .5, for M4 you want .7 as these are the standard. I use MonsterBolts myself, but any 12.9 with black oxide with standard course will do.

I've used hobbyking.com for fasteners before. Prices are difficult to ignore, especially if you buy enough to make shipping worth it. And the best part is being able to cherry pick the specialty fasteners you need. I bought about 150 fasteners for something like $5. And some various other hardware/softgoods for another few dollars. And this wasn't just an "assortment", these were specific, needs-based fasteners that I need for projects or particular repairs. Like I will eventually use every single one of these. That was valuable to me, so I didn't have to buy a huge set with a bunch of sizes I would never use.
1690395287420.png

I've built up my spare screw kit using McMaster-Carr. The screws we'd typically use are sold in quantities of 50-100 per pack, depending on the sizes you are ordering. Also a great place to get o-rings, shims, washers, and nuts in larger quantities for much less cost then ordering the manufacturers spare parts. Make sure you order a bunch in one shot, their shipping is a bit high, but this is because they'll get your order to you in 2 days or less - there are no shipping options to choose from.

I've built up my spare screw kit using McMaster-Carr. The screws we'd typically use are sold in quantities of 50-100 per pack, depending on the sizes you are ordering. Also a great place to get o-rings, shims, washers, and nuts in larger quantities for much less cost then ordering the manufacturers spare parts. Make sure you order a bunch in one shot, their shipping is a bit high, but this is because they'll get your order to you in 2 days or less - there are no shipping options to choose from.
Thank you guys for your assistance. I purchased a few kits from Jennys. But have so many cars just wanted to stock up to have when need be. Same with the wheel bearings. Just order a few 25 packs, socket cap and flat heads

I've used hobbyking.com for fasteners before. Prices are difficult to ignore, especially if you buy enough to make shipping worth it. And the best part is being able to cherry pick the specialty fasteners you need. I bought about 150 fasteners for something like $5. And some various other hardware/softgoods for another few dollars. And this wasn't just an "assortment", these were specific, needs-based fasteners that I need for projects or particular repairs. Like I will eventually use every single one of these. That was valuable to me, so I didn't have to buy a huge set with a bunch of sizes I would never use.
View attachment 313576

I've bought a bunch of screws off Hobbyking once, they are all 10.9 grade near as I can tell, they are painted instead of coated, I still find random screws with the hex messed up or filled with paint. The M2.6 screws were the worst, I threw away a good 3/4 of them.

I've bought a bunch of screws off Hobbyking once, they are all 10.9 grade near as I can tell, they are painted instead of coated, I still find random screws with the hex messed up or filled with paint. The M2.6 screws were the worst, I threw away a good 3/4 of them.
Haven't had any issue with these. I'm perfectly fine with 10.9. They may be painted, but overall they'd served the purpose for what I've needed.

How long ago was your order?

Haven't had any issue with these. I'm perfectly fine with 10.9. They may be painted, but overall they'd served the purpose for what I've needed.

How long ago was your order?

It was mostly the countersunk screws that were messed up, and I don't use those a lot thankfully.

It was before COVID. I would have to look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back