Kraton Neet some "easy" EXB help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doolin64

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Infraction 4x4
Drove my new 6s EXB today and I'm in love. I miss the silliness of the V2 6S Outcast and Outcast 4S (I fully intend to get a 4s V2.5 Outcast).

I do have one complaint, and it's the manual. I don't find the programming section too intuitive.

My main problem/concern is the steering. It turns nice and tight to the right. To the left it steers way wider. With the tires of the ground it turns right and left equally, but on the ground not so much. I plan to check/reset endpoints tomorrow. What else should I check?

Any good videos that have tutorials for the ESC programming or steering fix? I do wish the Spektrum stuff used a programming card.

Are there any

Drove my new 6s EXB today and I'm in love. I miss the silliness of the V2 6S Outcast and Outcast 4S (I fully intend to get a 4s V2.5 Outcast).

I do have one complaint, and it's the manual. I don't find the programming section too intuitive.

My main problem/concern is the steering. It turns nice and tight to the right. To the left it steers way wider. With the tires of the ground it turns right and left equally, but on the ground not so much. I plan to check/reset endpoints tomorrow. What else should I check?

Any good videos that have tutorials for the ESC programming or steering fix? I do wish the Spektrum stuff used a programming card.

Are there any
Well on the remote it has a knob for how much steering is aloud. Then endpoints is good. Check what your lvc cutoff is on your esc as well. I keep my lvc on high cuz on low or medium some have had it kill there batteries.

I plan to check/reset endpoints tomorrow. What else should I check?
Make sure endpoints are good of course, and if that doesn't fix it, look at the servo saver while the car is on the ground. If it's engaging on the side that's not turning as hard, check your steering assembly for binding somewhere, and if nothing seems to do the trick look at aftermarket servo savers.

Make sure endpoints are good of course, and if that doesn't fix it, look at the servo saver while the car is on the ground. If it's engaging on the side that's not turning as hard, check your steering assembly for binding somewhere, and if nothing seems to do the trick look at aftermarket servo savers.
I use the Basherqueen servo saver. It's the best one I've found, and it's reasonably priced.

I can only assume we’re talking about the EXB V 1 and not the EXB RTR. I have always found it very difficult to set up the end points in a spectrum radio to solve this problem. I bought the dashboard Bluetooth card and can set it up on my phone or iPad now much better process when it works.

I use the Basherqueen servo saver. It's the best one I've found, and it's reasonably priced.
Totally agree, that a fantastic servo saver. You can really crank them up if necessary without completely eliminating the servo saver.

I can only assume we’re talking about the EXB V 1 and not the EXB RTR. I have always found it very difficult to set up the end points in a spectrum radio to solve this problem. I bought the dashboard Bluetooth card and can set it up on my phone or iPad now much better process when it works.

It's a a brand new EXB RTR

Thank you everyone.

You can do as I did and watch all the videos on the DX3 and how to set endpoints and how to set it up. I didn’t like having to hold buttons and twist knobs while turning it on to get it to go into set up mode so I bought the dashboard, for the same reason I have programming card for my ESC. In the end, I switched most of my cars over to radiolink. I feel it’s a far superior radio and receiver. Much easier to operate.

I switched most of my cars over to radiolink. I feel it’s a far superior radio and receiver. Much easier to operate.
I have 10 RC vehicles on a Radiolink RC6GS V2, which can store 10 vehicles. I recently purchased a RC6GS V3 for another vehicle when I ran out of models on the V2. The V3 is good for 30 models: as I get time, I might move the vehicles on the V2 over to the V3, but it means opening all the receiver boxes to get to the bind buttons on the receivers.

I have 10 RC vehicles on a Radiolink RC6GS V2, which can store 10 vehicles. I recently purchased a RC6GS V3 for another vehicle when I ran out of models on the V2. The V3 is good for 30 models: as I get time, I might move the vehicles on the V2 over to the V3, but it means opening all the receiver boxes to get to the bind buttons on the receivers.
I'll never understand why they put the fricking bind on the side.

You can do as I did and watch all the videos on the DX3 and how to set endpoints and how to set it up. I didn’t like having to hold buttons and twist knobs while turning it on to get it to go into set up mode so I bought the dashboard, for the same reason I have programming card for my ESC. In the end, I switched most of my cars over to radiolink. I feel it’s a far superior radio and receiver. Much easier to operate.

Just ordered the programming card for the ESC. (y)

I'll never understand why they put the fricking bind on the side.
Not a great design. To rebind the receivers to the new V3, not only do I have to open the receiver box, I have to detach the receiver from the double-sided tape to get to the bind button.

I tried to pay very close attention to that very thing. I keep my back far enough, and I made a special tool that I can put in there. It’s still a pain in the butt.

I tried to pay very close attention to that very thing. I keep my back far enough, and I made a special tool that I can put in there. It’s still a pain in the butt.
Did the same. Bent a piece of wire to wriggle to the bind button. Hate having to remove and reattached double sided tape especially with all the wires in the way.

So far I've been satisfied with the crappy amazon one, since I broke the set screw on my Hot Racing one... but I'll check that one out if I need a new one at some point

Not a great design. To rebind the receivers to the new V3, not only do I have to open the receiver box, I have to detach the receiver from the double-sided tape to get to the bind button.
I use a 90⁰ mechanics pick. It's a headache in some of my rigs though.

Literally the only complaint I have with it though.

So far I've been satisfied with the crappy amazon one, since I broke the set screw on my Hot Racing one... but I'll check that one out if I need a new one at some point
I have an Amazon cheapo in one of mine as well worlds better than the stock one.

I have my programmer...what's everyone like for ESC settings. I know punch is preference. Should I turn the lvc up?

What do people like for ESC settings that are different from the default ones.

Back