Infraction Losi 8ight for Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have stumbled on something that we could use for a rear skid for the 8ight xte. I know they're different chassis but they share some similarities. This is big if it fits our trucks because there aren't alot of aftermarket parts for them at the moment, especially to add some durability. I am going to call this company tomorrow and ask if they planning to punch out any parts for the new platform and ask if this could fit or be easily modified to fit.

http://www.deracing.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=267_277&product_id=823

I talked to DE racing and confirmed that part will fit the 8ight XT, supposedly same chassis as the buggy. I will be the guinea pig and try it out and report back. Truck will definitely need as much protection as humanly possible with me at the wheel. ?

I talked to DE racing and confirmed that part will fit the 8ight XT, supposedly same chassis as the buggy. I will be the guinea pig and try it out and report back. Truck will definitely need as much protection as humanly possible with me at the wheel. ?

Those skid plates are dirt catchers and snag ground. That chassis can take the abuse and was designed to slap and slide. Skid plates slowed guys down on tracks from ground digging and dirt loves to bury underneath it including in the screw holes. Just a FYI. ;)(y)

Those skid plates are dirt catchers and snag ground. That chassis can take the abuse and was designed to slap and slide. Skid plates slowed guys down on tracks from ground digging and dirt loves to bury underneath it including in the screw holes. Just a FYI. ;)(y)

You don't think it's a necessary evil for bashing?

Hey he has a name to live up to ??‍♂️

The skid plate? Let us know! I wonder if there is a metal rear brace then

lol, good point! Maybe I will skip them he brings up a good point.
I live on a gravel road, the rear arms and chassis takes a beating from flying rocks

Finished building mine today. Wheels will hopefully be here tomorrow, and had to order some allens smaller than 1.5mm for the sway bar locks and the little piece that goes on top the wing. I was able to get the little ones in the pistons tightened up but they are also smaller than 1.5 too. I'll start painting one of the bodies tomorow. I ordered a second one to try a couple options on hahaha.

Finished building mine today. Wheels will hopefully be here tomorrow, and had to order some allens smaller than 1.5mm for the sway bar locks and the little piece that goes on top the wing. I was able to get the little ones in the pistons tightened up but they are also smaller than 1.5 too. I'll start painting one of the bodies tomorow. I ordered a second one to try a couple options on hahaha.

awesome man!! Post up some pics!!!

, and had to order some allens smaller than 1.5mm for the sway bar locks and the little piece that goes on top the wing.
Think those are .050", but not positive, seem to recall reading that in manual. What did you go with for diff fluids f/c/r?

Also you mentioned your rear arms got peppered, you going to use shields on yours? It looks like the mounting holes are there, just not sure which ones fit.

Think those are .050", but not positive, seem to recall reading that in manual. What did you go with for diff fluids f/c/r?

Also you mentioned your rear arms got peppered, you going to use shields on yours? It looks like the mounting holes are there, just not sure which ones fit.
It ended up being 1.25mm. I ran stock front and rear and put 100k in the center. I should find shields but I prob won’t run them

How can I possibly wait until Christmas to install these beauties!

IMG_2795.jpg

Stupid question, anyone else get a grill sticker? I don’t see one in the box or in my spare body ??‍♂️

F3AE1F14-EF8F-4A10-8787-7B6B177D57E9.jpeg

Minus the grill sticker... I’m on hold with horizon to ask about it

471FC094-87F7-4BE7-A2F3-D7F92196A86C.jpeg

A659DD1F-1378-4112-BCD9-2568357DB4D9.jpeg

8F20B012-5AA4-428C-8127-B491E8F07968.jpeg

17B2F9F1-CBEA-43EC-9E63-09287710C08D.jpeg

FCD1FE60-ED34-4C87-AD2E-8DAB45A437F8.jpeg

DE203B90-6B15-4360-9C97-CA170992AA6C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back