Losi Camaro ESC arrived after 7 weeks....red light of death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

Very Active Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Vendetta
Firma sr315 turn on ESC tap button on received 3x quickly and turn on transmitter. Orange light stops flashing and is solid. Transmitter is a solid red light 🚨 all good. Steering is fine no throttle. Repeated 9x at least same results ESC....red flash.

Any ideas or something I did wrong?

Side note throttle trim was at 0....red light flashed when I did it.

Always transmitter 1st
Ah, I misread. You have a positive bind, but you still need to calibrate the ESC.

-Transmitter on
-Throttle trim set neutral
-Throttle travel limit to 100% (if you have it, dx5 etc)
-Hold set button on ESC
-Turn on ESC
-When ESC rapid beeps let go of set button
-No inputs on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green once/beep once
-Pull full throttle on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green twice/beep twice
-Push full reverse on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green three times/beep three times

Ah, I misread. You have a positive bind, but you still need to calibrate the ESC.

-Transmitter on
-Throttle trim set neutral
-Throttle travel limit to 100% (if you have it, dx5 etc)
-Hold set button on ESC
-Turn on ESC
-When ESC rapid beeps let go of set button
-No inputs on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green once/beep once
-Pull full throttle on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green twice/beep twice
-Push full reverse on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green three times/beep three times
Full throttle doesn't flash or beep, tried 5x 😠

Hard to tell in the video, but while holding full throttle you have to press the set button again to tell the ESC to accept the input. Same with full reverse.

Hold set button and turn on, then let go of set button

Neuteral throttle, press set button

Full throttle, press set button

Full reverse, press set button

Hard to tell in the video, but while holding full throttle you have to press the set button again to tell the ESC to accept the input. Same with full reverse.

Hold set button and turn on, then let go of set button

Neuteral throttle, press set button

Full throttle, press set button

Full reverse, press set button
I did follow the instructions perfectly ,and thanks for your help. No luck. I have horrible luck with ESC's.

55 minutes later 3 tech's, sending me another ESC. This may be the last straw. Adam tier 2 was an arsehole.

55 minutes later 3 tech's, sending me another ESC. This may be the last straw. Adam tier 2 was an arsehole.
Spoke to a Mgr at HH, they will coach Adam and are having me send in the ESC with the issue. And will send another as a spare. So I will have 2 esc's.( They already sent a replacement Monday)

Any ideas anyone please.......2nd ESC arrived same issue revered the servo and ESC wires and throttle works. The fail is at this step. I had my wife make sure I was doing it right.And she even tried it.

Pull full throttle on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green twice/beep twice

Any ideas anyone please.......2nd ESC arrived same issue revered the servo and ESC wires and throttle works. The fail is at this step. I had my wife make sure I was doing it right.And she even tried it.

Pull full throttle on transmitter, press set button once, should flash green twice/beep twice
Just to be sure, unplug the servo completely, then try again. Post video of what you are doing, including view of transmitter. Maybe ask the Mrs. to hold the camera so you can use both hands.

I unplugged everything but the esc in the box. Just tried a firma 150,same results. Will try another video.
New batteries in controller.

Last edited:
I unplugged everything but the esc in the box. Just tried a firma 150,same results. Will try another video.
New batteries in controller.
I am honestly at a loss. Beyond double checking to make sure the throttle trim is at zero before you start, I don't know what else it could be. Do you have another confirmed good receiver you could try calibrating the ESC through? Hopefully that would at least rule out the receiver being wonky.

I am honestly at a loss. Beyond double checking to make sure the throttle trim is at zero before you start, I don't know what else it could be. Do you have another confirmed good receiver you could try calibrating the ESC through? Hopefully that would at least rule out the receiver being wonky.
I zero the throttle, red light blinks.
I did try a firma 150 same results. Back story the ESC was replaced because the car would go forward and reverse on its own ....slowly. Then after 5 minutes of that happening on and off the ESC stopped working. Might need to send HH the car.I am going to try my local hobby shop tomorrow. @ABabyEater thanks for trying bro.👊

I zero the throttle, red light blinks.
I did try a firma 150 same results. Back story the ESC was replaced because the car would go forward and reverse on its own ....slowly. Then after 5 minutes of that happening on and off the ESC stopped working. Might need to send HH the car.I am going to try my local hobby shop tomorrow. @ABabyEater thanks for trying bro.👊
Sometimes it really is just bad luck :( Glad we could try to work through it.

More trouble shooting with HH, it is the receiver and or transmitter. Their sending both. We found out by reversing the ESC/servo wires and using the steering when to calibrate and it worked.

More trouble shooting with HH, it is the receiver and or transmitter. Their sending both. We found out by reversing the ESC/servo wires and using the steering when to calibrate and it worked.
Good news! 👍 Sounds like that leaves you with a few extra ESCs, too 😉 as a bonus, now you are a pro at calibrating Spektrum ESCs

Very true, that means 8 week ago. My esc rec/ transmitter all failed simultaneously.....wowza.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back