Red light on Mamba Monster X 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey guys, as the title states, the esc blinks RED. The binding process worked, and everything was working fine. Grabbed some lunch, and then went to go play, and I get this light. When turning on the esc, I hear no audible beeping, and no throttle response. But I do get steering. Is there a way to do a 'factory reset', or try reset it with the b-link?

Thx.

🤔 I’ve had this issue in the past…

I would attempt to master reset with a B-link/laptop.. this worked for me last time.

I was also having issues with the receiver I was using… for some reason every time I’m having issues it’s the receiver..

Yea reset and or try wiping the data log with pc link.

I’d also recommend using pc link to try to reset. I had an issue a while back with the B-link where I’d go to send settings with app and it would freeze on the sending settings and completely brick my Mamba X. Did it on two different ESCs, same B-link. I’m trying to remember if it was blinking red or yellow but I had steering. It seemed to recognize something was wrong when connecting with PC link and must have reset automatically, ESC would reset to defaults and be fine after.

I have ordered the pc link. So, I'm waiting on that. Using the b-link, is freezing the app. It starts the process then nothing. Hopefully, the pc link will reset the dang thx all for chiming in. It is funny though, I have used maybe 15-20 of these esc's and I have never encountered this issue before. Very odd.

Throttle calibration, been there. Forgive me if I'm off though it's been a minute.
Can't even do that. When you turn on the esc, there is no beeping. If I use b-link to connect to the esc, it doesn't. I cannot get any of the setting to come up.

I don’t know if you’ve tried deleting/reinstalling the app or if that erases any profiles you have set up but I just used my sketchy B-link on my MMX8S and it worked just fine now. Hoping it doesn’t do weird stuff again. 😬

Fixed.

It was the esc. Picked up a pc link cable, factory reset, updated the esc firmware. Everything works as it should now. Did not have to bind anything. thx all.

Its your throttle trim.. go neg on trim on radio till light turns yellow an it'll go into calabratuon..you are tomuch to - or + th on radio for it to calibrate..if it did calibrate car would take on its own ..safry feature i guess

Calibration was not the issue. Since, it was working fine previously. Not once did the car take off in either direction on its own. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back