Losi MTXL opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I’m thinking about getting an MTXL and converting to electric.

How’s the durability on those things?

Has anyone else here done an electric conversion? What motor mount fits? Does reverse work? Did you keep the manual brakes?

Last edited:
I’m thinking about getting an MTXL and converting to electric.

How’s the durability on those things?

Has anyone else here done an electric conversion? What motor mount fits? Does reverse work? Did you keep the manual brakes?
My concern is the discontinued status and not only getting parts for it now but long term. I say that with a heavy heart, as I've wanted a MTXL for a while now.

My concern is the discontinued status and not only getting parts for it now but long term. I say that with a heavy heart, as I've wanted a MTXL for a while now.
I’d agree in most cases, but isn’t this just a DBXL V1 with different tires and body? DBXL parts are readily available.

Hi, I own an MTXL and the thing is a beast. As far as durability, its overall one of the most durable 1/5 scale's ive used. The main breaking point for it is front steering system, if you crash on one of the front tires the steering bracket in front of the servos can snap. Other than that the thing is extremely durable, I've found it is also one of the most stable 1/5 scales for jumping, it has a very good center of gravity. It is also a great platform for mods as it has a giant and and flat chassis, its very easy to drill new mounting holes on it for things like electric motors.

Back