• Shelf it as-is

• Clean it up and paint a new body in her honor and shelf it

• Restore it to new condition and shelf it

• Run it like I always did

• Complete restoration with Vitavon everything and shelf it

• Pack it away in the closet

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
This is my UDR. It was the only RC vehicle I had that my wife actually really liked. She picked it out for me, and actually watched me run it. She seemed to have some kind of connection with it. I am trying to decide what to do with it.
IMG_1457.jpeg

If this is a good thing for you and your wife keep it going. Don't change course.
It was a very good thing, but unfortunately she passed away last June. I guess I should have mentioned that in the post. Sorry.

It was a very good thing, but unfortunately she passed away last June. I guess I should have mentioned that in the post. Sorry.

Wow I am sorry brother, that changes my perspective on it.
I'd say restore it and shelf it then. That is a special memory.

Hmm, definitely a toughy.

Shelfing it is like the idea of trying to capture a memory of something. It won't change and can continue to serve as a reminder. Like a picture, or a statue, it would help you remember important moments in your life.

On the other hand, this is something your wife wanted you to have and enjoy. The connection you have in it is her personal contribution. It sounds like you might be trying to articulate the question "What would my wife want me to do?" If so, do you think you could feel a connection to her, and bring back good memories of her when you run it? If so, then I say run it! I bet she'd want you to keep running it and enjoying life!

Hmm, definitely a toughy.

Shelfing it is like the idea of trying to capture a memory of something. It won't change and can continue to serve as a reminder. Like a picture, or a statue, it would help you remember important moments in your life.

On the other hand, this is something your wife wanted you to have and enjoy. The connection you have in it is her personal contribution. It sounds like you might be trying to articulate the question "What would my wife want me to do?" If so, do you think you could feel a connection to her, and bring back good memories of her when you run it? If so, then I say run it! I bet she'd want you to keep running it and enjoying life!
Well said.

Drive the wheels off it and fix when necessary. Battle scars are a plus. I love how your poll options didn’t list a Sell It option. They really are super groovy trucks.

Drive the wheels off it and fix when necessary. Battle scars are a plus. I love how your poll options didn’t list a Sell It option. They really are super groovy trucks.
I’ll never sell that one. I’ll keep it until the day I die. Money got tight at one point while she was still alive, and I almost did. I’m so glad it didn’t sell.

You guys all brought up some great points. There’s only one clear option. I’m going to keep running it, and enjoy the truck in her honor. I wasn’t thinking straight when I wrote this post. She was not a wasteful person. She would be mad at me if I kept it and didn’t enjoy it. She also was not flashy, or flamboyant in any way, so that Vitavon build wouldn’t work either. (Although I may get a set of Vitavon wheels for it. She never liked black wheels on anything and loved chrome/natural aluminum wheels) Thanks fam, this is the conclusion I would have come to if I had really thought about it. ✌🏻

Hard to say, but one option would be to buy all the parts needed for a full restoration and put those parts aside. Then just keep running it and having fun with it as much as you can, its a special connection that she enjoyed seeing you have fun with it. If parts ever become difficult to find 5,10,15 years down the road, you will already have everything needed to do a full restoration and put it on permanent display.

I’ll never sell that one. I’ll keep it until the day I die. Money got tight at one point while she was still alive, and I almost did. I’m so glad it didn’t sell.

You guys all brought up some great points. There’s only one clear option. I’m going to keep running it, and enjoy the truck in her honor. I wasn’t thinking straight when I wrote this post. She was not a wasteful person. She would be mad at me if I kept it and didn’t enjoy it. She also was not flashy, or flamboyant in any way, so that Vitavon build wouldn’t work either. (Although I may get a set of Vitavon wheels for it. She never liked black wheels on anything and loved chrome/natural aluminum wheels) Thanks fam, this is the conclusion I would have come to if I had really thought about it. ✌🏻

Absolutely!

Make a dedicated thread of this truck for :
In Memory of - your wife

To honor her with a super duper
Monster Truck Fire GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Hard to say, but one option would be to buy all the parts needed for a full restoration and put those parts aside. Then just keep running it and having fun with it as much as you can, its a special connection that she enjoyed seeing you have fun with it.
If parts ever become difficult to find 5,10,15 years down the road, you will already have everything needed to do a full restoration and put it on permanent display.

Shouldn't ever have to worry about that..
Have 3D Printers ,will make it Better , Stronger! parts 👊

Uhm.. sir.
She's passed away..
Damn. I was not aware of that. He didn't mention that in the first post. The thread makes more sense now. My bad 🤦‍♂️. My apologies and commiserations.

I should read threads completely before commenting.

Last edited:

Awesome, if it was me I would be painting a tribute body and still running it. Albeit, running it in grandpa mode, maybe bust it out as the pace car with the grand kids :LOL: (y)

Back