Vorteks LWB conversion parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honerbunch

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I already have a running vorteks with typhon arms conversion. I want to try and do a LWB conversion.
In my to buy list I have the ff:
typhon LWB chassis
center driveshaft LWB
are these the only two that I need?

perfect! I already have the driveshaft support. I assume it's the same for SWB and LWB right? hmm, also would you know what center brace should I get? From what I've read the kraton 4s should fit the LWB chassis.

perfect! I already have the driveshaft support. I assume it's the same for SWB and LWB right? hmm, also would you know what center brace should I get? From what I've read the kraton 4s should fit the LWB chassis.
Yes it is the same, and the problem is now the kraton 4s has a V2 which is now the XLWB so the brace is longer. You would need a Kraton 4s V1 brace which I linked below the parts you need. You also really don't need the brace, are you sending this thing or no?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...uminum-center-brace-bar-red-ara320532/p967959
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-4s-blx-center-brace-mount-set-ara320528/p967955

@StephenSchandelmayer ahhh! thanks that you mentioned the V1 and V2 kraton difference. I did not notice that. I'm only buying this because I already have the mounts and bar on my SWB now.. I just need the longer bar. So basically I need the 240mm(V1 kraton) not the 265mm that comes now with the kraton V2. ok ok got it!

@StephenSchandelmayer ahhh! thanks that you mentioned the V1 and V2 kraton difference. I did not notice that. I'm only buying this because I already have the mounts and bar on my SWB now.. I just need the longer bar. So basically I need the 240mm(V1 kraton) not the 265mm that comes now with the kraton V2. ok ok got it!
Absolutely! You will need to make new holes in the body for the rear posts to fit by the way, I did this conversion right when the vorteks came out and I also ran a typhon 3s wing on it and it looked sick

Ahhh, I also have the typhon wing on my jennysrc cart :) so basically 4 things I plan to buy
Lwb chassis
Lwb center driveshaft
Typhon wing/mount
240mm center brace bar

Louise buggy tires. So a bit lighter than stock. Easier on my stock esc/motor. Random surfaces to be honest. Skateparks, beach, buggy track etc whatever I can find near my place.

This is a new shell by the way. The one I will trim when my LWB and wing arrives.

20230504_122222.jpg

Most of the parts arrived! Finished migrating most of them. Still waiting for the rear wing/body post mount and some fuel line so I can install my 6s shock for the rears. Then some trimming with my new shell and it should be up and running!
20230611_183036.jpg
20230611_184316.jpg

Most of the parts arrived! Finished migrating most of them. Still waiting for the rear wing/body post mount and some fuel line so I can install my 6s shock for the rears. Then some trimming with my new shell and it should be up and running!
View attachment 305239View attachment 305240
Are those Fellony/Limitless rear shocks you running on the front? You still using stock springs on them?

Yeah, felony shocks. In the pictures yes still using stock spring, but changed it to AR330500 Shock Springs: 60mm 1.35N/mm (9.7lb/in).. it's stiffer than the stock ones, but waaay softer than the springs that comes with the felony

Yeah, felony shocks. In the pictures yes still using stock spring, but changed it to AR330500 Shock Springs: 60mm 1.35N/mm (9.7lb/in).. it's stiffer than the stock ones, but waaay softer than the springs that comes with the felony
Guess I'll have to make another order than 😂. Thanks bud

Hey bud so my Felony shocks finally arrived today, I also got the same springs you have. The Felony shocks looked super short as soon as I opened the package and confirmed this after installation 😭

Why does yours look like they are longer?

IMG_20230907_173335.jpg

Here the Felony shock compared to the front Vorteks shock

IMG_20230907_181120.jpg

Vorteks shock ride height

IMG_20230907_180439.jpg

Ride height with Felony shock and the 1.35Nm 60mm springs

IMG_20230907_181256.jpg

Hey bud so my Felony shocks finally arrived today, I also got the same springs you have. The Felony shocks looked super short as soon as I opened the package and confirmed this after installation 😭

Why does yours look like they are longer?

View attachment 321090

Here the Felony shock compared to the front Vorteks shock

View attachment 321088
Vorteks shock ride height

View attachment 321087

Ride height with Felony shock and the 1.35Nm 60mm springs

View attachment 321089
if you put some preload, then the felony shocks can work :p
but using the longer spring, that should be fine as is..(atleast for my usage) maybe a bit of tuning depending on how you run your truck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back