Kraton M2c full line up for v4 kraton 6s or new kraton exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy the EXB A-arms and the EXB diff., then the MC2 4mm chassis plate, shock tower, the 3035 parts, the a-arms braces. With the 4mm chassis plate you don't really need very beefy chassis braces.
The M2C chassis still flexes iirc @bicketybam broke his front chassis brace and bent the front center driveshaft on his Talion when he tested it with the stock braces.

Separately those parts probably cost more than half a whole EXB...
I've priced it out and if memory serves it was $270. Leaves $200 to go towards the next badass release (staying aways from the 1/5 8S series). If I do the same to my Notorious I'll have $400!! then my Typhon it'll be $500. Pretty soon I'll buy a new rig with my EXB "savings"!!! ?????

I took a 5-year hiatus from (the endless money-pit that is..)RC cars, and have been much more into flying. I got back into it during the corona time, taking my nitros out, but then I ran my brushless more too, and realized they were ragged out. So I decided to treat myself to a Kraton..

The prices for things now that Horizon is in charge are shocking.. €70-80 for a body, €80+ for a set of wheels, etc etc.. I used to get stuff super cheap for my LST2s and MT4 G3s and Associated fleet (SC8, SC8E, RC8B, RC8T CE - still have all but the SC8E - all nitro.. The RC8T is ready to race..) from ebay chop shops, but prices now are really just stupid.. (especially here in Europe..) Well Horizon is stupid, so I guess I should expect it... :rolleyes: Anyway, I have had quite a few cars, doubled - LST2s, MT4 G3s, the AE fleet, Savages, etc.. Eventually, if you have two, one might get ragged out, so you are confronted with the decision of maybe retiring one as a parts source for the other. That wouldn't really work with the V4 and EBX - that's why I think they are basically two separate cars with two separate parts lines..., and that is to me why wouldn't make sense to have both... (though I may end up doing that, who knows... :rolleyes: I don't feel like selling my month-old V4...)

I'm in the same dilemma, keep V4 or go EXB, it can make your brain hurt. As you seen by all the replys you can go many different ways for many different reasons. I think I'm going EXB way and just keep the V4 rather than take a $ hit like I always do. Yeah it will be 2 Kratons but I love the Kraton so it's justified lol!

I've priced it out and if memory serves it was $270. Leaves $200 to go towards the next badass release (staying aways from the 1/5 8S series). If I do the same to my Notorious I'll have $400!! then my Typhon it'll be $500. Pretty soon I'll buy a new rig with my EXB "savings"!!! ?????
where are you buying these parts? chassis 100$, diffs 195, braces 28, towers 83..===406$. Buy the whole dam thing and get the suspension mounts, spare tires, killer body, new bumper, aluminum servo mount...
edit: forgot the arms 38$...

Yeah I think a lot of us are deliberating over V4 or EXB. I did go ahead and pre-ordered a EXB, but my thoughts are I will take my current V4 with the M2c chassis and the new EXB diffs and make the best of the two and sell the rest. The parts alone are expensive separately so that’s why my thought was to order the whole rig. I am very curious to see the diffs and the gears if they are any different. Who knows my V4 may take 8s after these upgrades. Bash on brothers ??

where are you buying these parts? chassis 100$, diffs 195, braces 28, towers 83..===406$. Buy the whole dam thing and get the suspension mounts, spare tires, killer body, new bumper, aluminum servo mount...
edit: forgot the arms 38$...
Thanks for taking the time to research and fact check me. Can I send you my income tax documents and you can tell me if i missed a deduction somewhere?
MY cost was for the diffs and A-Arms only. Comes to $230. I'll eventually replace chassis and towers...maybe.

Thanks for taking the time to research and fact check me. Can I send you my income tax documents and you can tell me if i missed a deduction somewhere?
MY cost was for the diffs and A-Arms only. Comes to $230. I'll eventually replace chassis and towers...maybe.
I had all that written down for myself from last week all in my horizon shopping cart. The kit breakers may have better prices after these are out for a while. Diffs and arms will be well worth it, some of the other stuff ends up getting pricey.

Yeah I think I’m going to just buy the exb. And make one awesome setup. My m2c cart was sitting at 500ish but now that I slept on the order the hinge pins are sold out. For the price I can get the exb and for the bashing I do that should be enough. I’ll prob keep my v4 as a roller/parts rig or use a old motor etc. would be cheaper to keep all the parts than take a few hundred hit. It’s only a month or 2 old as well
Now I just wish there were more upgrades for my kraton 8s lol

Hmm that’s a tough one because I find myself in similar position. I have a Typhon V4 and I’ve slowly started to upgrade it with M2C stuff. I thought about buying a Tekno EB48 2.0 (I have the 48.4) for a stronger out the box buggy, but then I decided I’d slowly just upgrade the Typhon instead of another buggy. And so far I’m loving it. I’ve done front and rear chassis braces and front and rear shock towers from M2C, a GKA steering servo mount and Hot Racing linkage. Next I plan eventually to do shock stand offs, a chassis and possible the hinge pin kit from M2C and call it done and the ultimate basher buggy. You could buy the EXB and leave your other Kraton stock mostly that wouldn’t be a bad idea either! I want an EXB lol

Curious on what you guys would recommend.

Buyingthe full m2c racing lineup for my kraton 6s v4.

or

Buying the new Kraton 6s EXB Roller

It would cost me around $450-500 for everything that’s in stock. (Front hinge pin kit is out of stock)

exb is 469.99 plus tax.

I get the m2c products would most likely be stronger. But the new exb should be able to handle some abuse according to the videos I’ve watched of it so far. And they were doing some card core bashing. Few little minus issues for a couple people but nothing major broke during the tests.
IMO go the M2C parts. It’s way more fun doing your own mods. You get to know how the truck works and fix it better if you break stuff. I’ve had my V4 for 7mths now and have 10+ mods on it already with more to come next week.
Mod what you have bud, you’ll appreciate it way more. ????

I can't imagine spending 500 bucks on "mods". I think it's also dumb that you should have to - if indeed you really do... I think Traxxas spoiled the car world by making people think they have to. And in the case of the old Revos etc.. you really did need to. Not so with LST2s.. I thought the whole point of Arrma was to make stronger cars which shouldn't need tons of mods... In any case M2C stuff is way, WAY too expensive IMO... But to each his own of course.. ?‍♂️

IMO go the M2C parts. It’s way more fun doing your own mods. You get to know how the truck works and fix it better if you break stuff. I’ve had my V4 for 7mths now and have 10+ mods on it already with more to come next week.
Mod what you have bud, you’ll appreciate it way more. ????

my main issue is wanting my own motor/esc setup

ive been holding off because i just bought a castle combo for my 8s. But the exb would have been my first choice if i waited a month before buying my 6s lol

Well i ordered some stuff from m2c yesterday then today when i called a couple hobby stores looking for shock oil i found this... lol

Kraton EXB

And they ordered this setup for me. Should be here mid next week. They found them in stock thankfully.
ESC - Castle Mamba Monster X 8S
Motor - Castle 1717 (1650KV)

overall they sold me the truck and esc/motor for
$840 out the door. EXB/$500 and Castle combo/$340
Think thats a pretty good deal

Attachments

• C7A8AFB1-D67E-4E45-8053-C15A26DF9823.jpeg
    C7A8AFB1-D67E-4E45-8053-C15A26DF9823.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 069F8212-6343-43FD-85D2-8BEDAED4E2B4.jpeg
    069F8212-6343-43FD-85D2-8BEDAED4E2B4.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 3961A62C-2D18-4605-BE2E-854183361C9F.jpeg
    3961A62C-2D18-4605-BE2E-854183361C9F.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 58
maybe I should just order the m2c and be happy with my current truck. Bought it 2 months 2 early tho haha. But like you said, I’d like to have had my own motor and esc setup from the start.

I’m addicted to these dang RC’s. And I think it’s more me wanting a new toy but also wanting the m2c stuff lol

I do have some of the m2c stuff now. But I was going to order the line up and change stuff as I bent/broke it. Because the down time waiting on parts just sucks
I highly recommend m2c upgrades, i have them on my kraton 6s exb and it makes a huge difference when it comes to serious bashing. The parts hold up well for the amount of abuse i put them through. They take abeaying and keep going like nothing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back