Kraton M2C ZRS shock caps leaking! 🤨

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I just pulled my rig out to do something else on it and saw oil on the bumpers. I have traced it back to the M2C ZRS caps. I took the worst off and opened it up. Seems like it's all in order. Maybe it was too full. I jut topped it off, put it back together and it's still weeping around the cap a very little bit. Not sure why. Anyone know? 🤔

Is the cap completely seated on the shock body? If there is a gap you need to get a tool you can hold the shock firmly with and tighten it some more.

Also, there are 2 different versions of these caps. One for v5+ and one for the older stuff. They don’t thread quite right but will assemble and make you believe they worked(ask me how I know) 🤣😂

Is the cap completely seated on the shock body? If there is a gap you need to get a tool you can hold the shock firmly with and tighten it some more.

Also, there are 2 different versions of these caps. One for v5+ and one for the older stuff. They don’t thread quite right but will assemble and make you believe they worked(ask me how I know) 🤣😂
I’ve got one of the M2c caps that just refused to thread more than about half way onto any of my four shock bodies, but the other 3 work normal. Mitch did send me another one free of charge though.

I’ve got one of the M2c caps that just refused to thread more than about half way onto any of my four shock bodies, but the other 3 work normal. Mitch did send me another one free of charge though.
Sounds about like what a v4 cap does on a v5 body 🤔

Glad Mitch got you taken care of 👍🏻

I figured it out... caps were too loose. I do have the shock tool. I just wasn't grabbing the shock body in the right place apparently. I tightened them all for now. May need to top them all off. I set out to do something else and saw this. Now I still need to do the other thing. 🙄

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back