Kraton Mamba Monster 2 problem - or not really

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to try powering the reciever 1st with a separate power supply like the old school 4 double A pack and the turn on your esc and do the calibration steps. The spectrum avc receiver is delayed sending signals to esc when 1st turned on. So when you power separate it's already to send signal to esc. My hobby guy said it's got something to do with the gyro receivers.

My guess, you didn't complete the full receiver bind procedure, it's not ESC related. Those AVC receivers are notoriously difficult and require elaborate steps for a successful bind. Already messed up if you had AVC off on Dx5. Read the instructions for your receiver. You will get a confirmation blink at the end. Includes throttle, left and right and the next step is ESC calibration.

My guess, you didn't complete the full receiver bind procedure, it's not ESC related. Those AVC receivers are notoriously difficult and require elaborate steps for a successful bind. Already messed up if you had AVC off on Dx5. Read the instructions for your receiver. You will get a confirmation blink at the end. Includes throttle, left and right and the next step is ESC calibration.
You might be right - When I bought the dx5 I just did the binding and the spectrum firma and turned the avc off on the dx5. But it worked with the spectrum esc calibration…
What am I doing wrong - besides from the brake-part?
And the brake trim illustrates a percentage not a trim or?

I’d just mess around with the timing of when you pull the throttle. Try a little earlier.

I have a bunch of Castle/Spektrum setups and the calibration is pretty easy once you get the timing down.
What timing? Earlier than what? I turn on the transmitter, then hold full throttle then turn the car on.
You might be right - When I bought the dx5 I just did the binding and the spectrum firma and turned the avc off on the dx5. But it worked with the spectrum esc calibration…

And the brake trim illustrates a percentage not a trim or?
It can be a minimum of +1 and that means no brakes

Need to follow the manual better. You are doing it all wrong, IMHO.
And Set the "Brake" trim to Zero also!
You actually want to set the brake to 100 on the DX5 for calibration.
You may be onto something here. Receiver calibration and then ESC calibration.

Tried - and That didnt work:(
1687981172252.png

Is the receiver actually bound and steering is working?
You will hear the motor beep, that is when the wait is over. If that doesn't happen, something else is amiss.

Picture a number scale from -2000 to 0 to +2000 (Numbers are examples, actuals depend on radio type etc)
The ESC knows exactly where zero is
Throttle range adjust or calibration lets the ESC know where the 2000 is located (+ and -). The transmitter actually operates on a scale from -3000 to + 3000 in order to adjust for trim and other setup related items.
ESC needs to know when transmitter is at that '2000' value in order to give 100%.
Yes the car turns and drives like i guess what is normal. It just bothers me that I am not able to doublecheck as it wont allow me to calibrate it
I know;)

Which receiver do you actually have?

When I bought the dx5 I just did the binding and the spectrum firma and turned the avc off on the dx5. But it worked with the spectrum esc calibration…
Just catching this, that is your problem. You have done an incorrect bind. You MUST have AVC turned on and at 100%.
Turning AVC off actually requires additional steps and inserting a shorting plug into the receiver, it's in some note in the manual, else nothing will work right. Bind also needs to be done on levelled ground or your steering gets messed up.

Trust me on this, do the FULL BIND procedure with AVC on and at 100%, brakes 100% and trim to zero.
Once that is done, you do the steps I posed above for the ESC.

Possible to make a short video of what is happening? Post to youtube and link here.

All the brake settings etc really have nothing to do with your issue as long as you had AVC enabled when you did your receiver calibration etc.

I ended up throwing those receivers in a bin, couldn't deal with the hassle and don't need AVC.

Note: Every time you hit the bind button on the receiver you have to do the full procedure, leave it alone once it's truly working.

Last edited:
Which receiver do you actually have?

Just catching this, that is your problem. You have done an incorrect bind. You MUST have AVC turned on and at 100%.
Turning AVC off actually requires additional steps and inserting a shorting plug into the receiver, it's in some note in the manual, else nothing will work right. Bind also needs to be done on levelled ground or your steering gets messed up.

Trust me on this, do the FULL BIND procedure with AVC on and at 100%, brakes 100% and trim to zero.
Once that is done, you do the steps I posed above for the ESC.

Possible to make a short video of what is happening? Post to youtube and link here.

All the brake settings etc really have nothing to do with your issue as long as you had AVC enabled when you did your receiver calibration etc.

I ended up throwing those receivers in a bin, couldn't deal with the hassle and don't need AVC.

Note: Every time you hit the bind button on the receiver you have to do the full procedure, leave it alone once it's truly working.
I will try what you suggest. And then Ill be back;) The only thing is that the esc fried itself some hours ago. As written in my newest post🙌😬

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back