Max 6 bad? Or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check connection between motor and ESC, sounds like a bad solder joint.
Motor wires to esc are clean. Esc wires are soldered for trx connectors I’ll check rn. Thx
Check connection between motor and ESC, sounds like a bad solder joint.
All connections are solid

Last edited:
If you can do the video again, this time keep it on the esc so we can see the entire led light cycle
If you can do the video again, this time keep it on the esc so we can see the entire led light cycle
The lights matter and help trouble shoot

Screenshot_20230529_232510_Drive.jpg

Can you unplug your fans so we can actually hear the issue?
It beeps 6 times like it should. No difference or anything

View attachment 302925
It beeps 6 times and when I hit throttle it turns red like usual it just coggs for a few seconds and then it goes silent

Hence, my earlier recommendation to check the wires. If they are good, your last hope is a bad motor but highly unlikely. Bad ESC is the only thing left after that.
Just because your wires look pretty, check the solder joints regardless, or test them with a different motor.

Hence, my earlier recommendation to check the wires. If they are good, your last hope is a bad motor but highly unlikely. Bad ESC is the only thing left after that.
Just because your wires look pretty, check the solder joints regardless, or test them with a different motor.
Also squeeze the wires along their lengths. Sometimes there are problems that the insulation hides. Had that happen with a wire in my BLX100.

Can it be warrantied? HW warranties suck donkey balls but they WILL offer you a half or reduced price one..
I buy through Amazon but it’s been past a month. I’ll just buy another and refund this one teehee
Wires are clean. I stripped them of covering etc and solder is clean
all I can hear is the fans
In the video yes. But it beeps 6 times green like it should and turns red when I hit the throttle

I buy through Amazon but it’s been past a month. I’ll just buy another and refund this one teehee
Doesn't matter where you bought it. If you have a receipt you can warranty it. Try it. I'm betting they decline. But they WILL offer another cheaper fo replace. If you are in the States, it's worthwhile. If not, may as well buy another. Ask me how I know.

Also squeeze the wires along their lengths. Sometimes there are problems that the insulation hides. Had that happen with a wire in my BLX100.
I’ve spent hours trying to see what the issue is with wires solder recalibration etc. it’s toast
Doesn't matter where you bought it. If you have a receipt you can warranty it. Try it. I'm betting they decline. But they WILL offer another cheaper fo replace. If you are in the States, it's worthwhile. If not, may as well buy another. Ask me how I know.
I tried with the max 8 g2 and it sucked. I’ll just get another one from Amazon and refund the burnt one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back