Max 6 battery cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
My hw max 6 is cutting off my battery 3.4, is that ok? Just wondering if the cut off is set to low? The lvc is at the factory auto intermediate setting. Should I change the lvc to the auto high setting?

Ok, thanks. Would you know what the auto high setting would cut the battery off at? Maybe 3.5 or 3.6?

I would guess low 3.2-3.3ish / med 3.4-3.5ish / high 3.7-3.8ish. Remember when the lipo are under load cells can sag under the lvc especially on older packs. This will cause the lvc cutoff. New packs are normally not a problem.

Ok, thanks. Would you know what the auto high setting would cut the battery off at? Maybe 3.5 or 3.6?
Trial and error. Need to experiment yourself. Lipos and your motor setup along with gearing changes this from rig to rig. Chancing taking the lipos down below 3.4 is not recommended IMO. 3.5-3.6v is good for me. Usually where I set my HW ESC. But it varies with the different rigs and lipos I have.
Hard core speed runners completely disable LVC. And monitor their runs/lipos between each pass.

All good advice and comes down to personal choice and knowing your batteries.

3.4v is great for me I want max playtime so all my ESC low (HW has its own wording cannot remember now) or 3.4v. But when I check them they can be low like 3.3 or 3.2 but will recover some as well.

Soon as I get home, within a few hours, they are storage charged right away... I run mostly China Hobby batteries and they do good for me at 3.4v. SMC, for example, me do not do well when running low unless you can storage charge immediately so getting those low has not been good. I do not buy those anymore.

Someone said it test and bring a lipo checker to see how they look after a run.

Good luck (y)

I decided to turn the lvc to the high setting. I don’t know what that number is. Going to give it a try next time out, better safe than sorry. Thanks everyone for your help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back