Cut off temp Firma 150A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kljin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Does anyone know the cut off temperature for an esc Firma 150A?

I mounted the 25T pinion gear recently on my Infraction V2 and I'm seeing temps of 85°C (185° F) on full throttle when I get the cut off.
Was wondering if it's bc of the high temperature or bc of the Amps...

RTFM
Screenshot_20230627_095207_Drive.png

I mounted the 25T pinion gear recently on my Infraction V2 and I'm seeing temps of 85°C (185° F) on full throttle when I get the cut off.
Was wondering if it's bc of the high temperature or bc of the Amps...
Drop your timing and punch down the first or 2nd settings, the light will tell you the reason for limp mode.

Betting you don’t have enough quality voltage under full trigger so it pulls down to LVC.

Drop your timing and punch down the first or 2nd settings, the light will tell you the reason for limp mode.

Betting you don’t have enough quality voltage under full trigger so it pulls down to LVC.
Punch is allready set to 1, timing still stock.
Where would you start with on timing?
Batteries: 2x Gens ace Bashing Pro 11.1V 100C 3S 8000mah

Last edited:
0-11*, unless you were at the end of the run you exceeded amp draw. Thermal will stop Fwd/Rev, LVC or amp cut will go limp mode.

Does anyone know the cut off temperature for an esc Firma 150A?
212F is the Thermal failsafe cutoff and this is measured Internally by the Thermistor at the Mosfet Power transistors.
Measured Externally at the ESC's Heat sink, with a Temp gun, is usually 160F-170F give or take. When mine does a Thermal Cut, ESC's Led Flashing Green, this is what I read with my temp gun.
This is your guide, with a temp gun in hand. Hopefully you have one, since you are asking this question.
An Important RC tool to have..
You want to prevent Thermal cutting from happening in the first place. ESC fires are a thing, if you ignore this. Also, Proper pinion gearing is key here.

Last edited:
Just back from testing and there are no lights blinkings what so ever on the esc.
It also cut off on the first run, so very low temp of the esc.
After the cut off, i can get immediately back on the throttle

Now I did the test with motor timing on level 1 and punch setting on level 1.
The cut off is still there on full throttle.

Temp of the motor was 50 degrees Celcius, the esc was in the 80s.

50c motor equates to 120 F. Thats fine. 80C at the ESC equals 176F. Should thermal cut in theory.. Just You are not getting Any Temp cutoff, if there is No Green light Flashing.
You have another different issue there.
Could be a Brown Out caused by something. BEC related perhaps. Causing Intermttent signal glitching.
If the ESC is flashing Red, its an ESC LVC /lipo power issue.

Last edited:
Now I see a red blinking on the esc…
50c motor equates to 120 F. Thats fine. 80C at the ESC equals 176F. Should thermal cut in theory.. Just You are not getting Any Temp cutoff, if there is No Green light Flashing.
You have another different issue there.
Could be a Brown Out caused by something. BEC related perhaps. Causing Intermttent signal glitching.
If the ESC is flashing Red, its an ESC LVC /lipo power issue.
If i put in an XLX2 esc, would that take care of my problem?

Last edited:
Are you wanting to bash a xlx2.. what vehicle is this, that you have a 25t pinion on.. I'm sure your hitting LVC, how old are you lipos, many factors can play a part

Last edited:
25 pinion? :rolleyes: What size spur gear?
A Lim or Infr maybe???
Yeah what model are you running????
Need more info.

Are you wanting to bash a xlx2.. what vehicle is this, that you have a 25t pinion on.. I'm sure your hitting LVC, how old are you lipos, many factors can play a part
No, just speedrunning
Infraction V2 6S BLX
Lipos are 1 month old, may 10 runs.
25 pinion? :rolleyes: What size spur gear?
A Lim or Infr maybe???
Yeah what model are you running????
Need more info.
Spur gear is stock, 46T
Infraction V2 6S BLX

With the stocker ESC, Amp cutting is a thing. Even crappy lipos will cause this.
Been there with hard speed running. Careful, major carnage can result.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back