Kraton Max 6 G2 1650kv for Kraton 6s v5 (upgraded)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobs1811

Reaction score
Opinions on Max 6 G2 1650kv for Kraton 6s v5 (upgraded) (if motor fits)?
(currently have stock Spektrum combo installed)

FB_IMG_1700585191180.jpg

If you want some nice controllable 8s Demon Torque this will fit the bill.
I am good with 6s myself in all my 6s chassis'. I could see this perhaps in my Very heavy Fireteam. The heaviest of the 6s rigs. But I still can pull FT wheelies with my stocker 6s gear.:unsure:
That's with the stocker Speed gear, no less.
A 90mm long motor should fit in a K6s.(y)

Motor and ESC will both fit fine. That is arguably the best power upgrade for a Kraton 6S. Castle MMX8S/1717 being another solid choice.

Massive power and torque increase over stock and smooth, sensored throttle delivery is a game changer. You would want to run it on 6S, not 8S.

It'll fit a short wheelbase. Gear to the moon on 6S and this system will still crawl better than out of the box. Silky smooth and cool as a cucumber.

It will be a good upgrade, but you will need to gear up. A 20T pinion or higher is required.
"Required" might be an overstatement. My Fireteam is a beast on 18T. My Kraton is geared higher but it's definitely not necessary.

(currently have stock Spektrum combo installed)

View attachment 333060
It's a good upgrade, but it depends on what you like and expect.

Over time, I kept this upgrade and toned it down with a 4S battery and a large 20T pinion to give me exactly what I like. If raw power is your goal, go for it! Manageable control is a different subject.

Motor and ESC will both fit fine. That is arguably the best power upgrade for a Kraton 6S. Castle MMX8S/1717 being another solid choice.

Massive power and torque increase over stock and smooth, sensored throttle delivery is a game changer. You would want to run it on 6S, not 8S.
Just about anything Sensored is a game changer IMHO.
All my Upgrade ESC's must be Sensored. HW my choice.
Perhaps CC one day for my Lim. When my XR8 Plus/ 2250kv/6s blows up. Just that I can't blow it up. I tried. :giggle:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back