Max6 esc completely dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knut77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Been running max6 combo for a while on my kraton 6S. Been working fine.

Today I went from 18 t pinion to 20. Stock spur. The car drove really well until it suddenly died. I thought lvc since id been driving pretty long but now the ecs wont start up with a new battery. No beeps, no fan, no nothing...

The motor was barely warm after driving, fans working. I didnt check temp on esc though but im driving in sweden thus cold outside.

Im guessing my esc is dead? Is there anyway to check this? Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Are you even getting a Flashing LED light at the ESC?
If so, What color and flashing pattern?
If not, then it might be bricked, or like stated above, a power issue, Bad connection. The Switch can be the issue if getting NO Lights at all.. A simple fix.
Do you run in the wet stuff? I avoid that at all costs. From experience.

No lights or sounds at all.
Whats bricked?
Ive not been driving in wet, ever.

Could you guide towards a switch fix?

Last edited:
Usually an ESC that is faulty will always offer a trouble code/flashing leds of sorts, 99% of the time. Since yours doesn't do that, It could be the switch failed. The only reason you would not get a Led light at all. Maybe the Lipo connection is Bad???? I imagaine you tried other lipos/connectors. Checked all your wiring, with a DVM etc.
I would call HW and ask them if they will warranty it. Sometimes they will fix it or replace it for a small fee. Much less $$ than buying a new one.
If not, I would take the switch apart and have a look see into that, and find a replacement PWR switch??

Usually an ESC that is faulty will always offer a trouble code/flashing leds of sorts, 99% of the time. Since yours doesn't do that, It could be the switch failed. The only reason you would not get a Led light at all. Maybe the Lipo connection is Bad???? I imagaine you tried other lipos/connectors. Checked all your wiring, with a DVM etc.
I would call HW and ask them if they will warranty it. Sometimes they will fix it or replace it for a small fee. Much less $$ than buying a new one.
If not, I would take the switch apart and have a look see into that, and find a replacement PWR switch??

After warranty is usually just $50 off a new one. That is the option I was given when I submitted mine.

Should the esc beep or blink even when disconnected from everything? I just tried like in the photo and there was the tiniest little red blink on the esc, then nothing at all...

20231118_180937.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back