Max6 missing the LVC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
LVC is set to intermediate on my max6 in my kraton exb. I ran it on my set of Hoovos this afternoon and everything was great. Hit LVC and the batteries were at 3.3 to 3.4 per cell. I know it hit lvc cause it hit 1st stage and then within 15 seconds 2nd stage.

Then i ran my pair of zeee packs and it never hit lvc. Power was waning slowly the whole pack, so it was hard to guess if I was getting close or not, but when i felt power starting to dip more quickly I got nervous that the esc had missed lvc cause I could still floor it and get full speed. So I stopped driving. Batteries were 3.0 to 3.1 per cell when I checked.

Why didn't it trigger lvc? I'd rather not run my batteries to 3.0v everytime, and I'd like to trust in lvc but it didn't hit today on my second set of batteries. What am I missing here? Do I need to set lvc to "high"?

I've the same issue with one of my max6's. LVC set to high..........when it hits, the cells are at 3.30ish. On another Max6, LVC kicks in at 3.55ish with the same high setting....
I have no answer.

I noticed the same thing with the Max6 in my Kraton and the one in my Outcast. Both are set to intermediate. The Kraton hits LVC at about 3.5 volts the Outcast hit LVC at 2.8v!

I suspect part of the difference is that the hoovos "power band" is at lower volts per cell than the zeee. Most of the mah's on the zeee are in the 4.0 to 3.7v range where as most of the mah's on the hoovos are in the 3.8 to 3.4v range. Don't know how that would affect it, cause I'm kinda grasping at straws here. Maybe some batteries just dump harder than others?

Does setting to "high" LVC on the esc raise the cut-off or does "low" do that? The manual is super unclear and seems to say that you'd want low LVC protection with crappy batteries. But wouldn't you want higher LVC because they will be dipping lower and more sensitive to big loads?

Screenshot_20220826-213041_Drive.jpg

I would get a LIPO alarm. Charge that lipo up quick. Never let them get below 3v/cell. I have an alarm on mine and just have it set it 3.7/cell
Not a bad idea. Have a "backup" to the LVC on the esc.

I suspect part of the difference is that the hoovos "power band" is at lower volts per cell than the zeee. Most of the mah's on the zeee are in the 4.0 to 3.7v range where as most of the mah's on the hoovos are in the 3.8 to 3.4v range. Don't know how that would affect it, cause I'm kinda grasping at straws here. Maybe some batteries just dump harder than others?

Does setting to "high" LVC on the esc raise the cut-off or does "low" do that? The manual is super unclear and seems to say that you'd want low LVC protection with crappy batteries. But wouldn't you want higher LVC because they will be dipping lower and more sensitive to big loads?

View attachment 239259

Not a bad idea. Have a "backup" to the LVC on the esc.
Wait what? Now I'm confused. The lvc on this esc works way different than I thought it did. I thought it worked the other way around where low was a low setting like 3.2v and high was a high setting like 3.8 volts? So I should try high on the outcast? :unsure:

Wait what? Now I'm confused. The lvc on this esc works way different than I thought it did. I thought it worked the other way around where low was a low setting like 3.2v and high was a high setting like 3.8 volts? So I should try high on the outcast? :unsure:
Trying to understand the manual and why you'd want LVC triggering higher on a good pack, like SMC DV extreme or turnigy panther pack, etc. They would be showing less severe voltage dips, more stable, so couldn't you approach a lower LVC?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back