Granite Mega / BLX Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be confused, just get it before they're all gone. Others have made that same mistake. It's just the spur. They redesigned the tabs on the BRCC & Typhon spur to hold the plates better, or so it seems. I have both spurs between my Granite, Senton, & Typhon. Neither have had any problems so far.

Aaaaaaand they're all gone... There must be a scavenger on this thread haha... Ill keep looking.... It's good to know that Typhon / BRCC and Granite/Senton assemblies are interchangable despite different part numbers.... Thanks for your help.

I actually did get that last (more expensive) one haha... Now, I know you all talk glowingly about Jenny's RC. I'm about to buy a BLX100 motor/ESC combo from them for about $90 shipped.... I assume I can do that with confidence?

Last edited:
I actually did get that last (more expensive) one haha... Now, I know you all talk glowingly about Jenny's RC. I'm about to buy a BLX100 motor/ESC combo from them for about $90 shipped.... I assume I can do that with confidence?

Absolutely.

Why take our word for it. Just look at their feedback. Nearly 500,000 between JRC and Lumidave35 & just about 100% positive. You can't make that up. Anyway, besides rollers, I buy most of my parts from them. They ship stupidly fast too.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

I see there's a metal motor mount for the Granite BLX 3S on Ebay (Link)

This mount will only work for the BLX setup though, correct? Seeing as it only has the option for the 15T, 20T, and 26T pinions, that seems correct. The Granite only accepts the 14T, 17T, and 27T.

So, it doesn't look like there's a similar mount for the regular Granite 4X4 though, or at least not one that I've been able to find. Do any of you know of a similar mount for the regular Granite?

Also, will the 17T and/or 27T over-work the 2400 Kv motor I have if I decide to go that way?

Thanks again folks!

Thanks for all the input everyone!

I see there's a metal motor mount for the Granite BLX 3S on Ebay (Link)

This mount will only work for the BLX setup though, correct? Seeing as it only has the option for the 15T, 20T, and 26T pinions, that seems correct. The Granite only accepts the 14T, 17T, and 27T.

So, it doesn't look like there's a similar mount for the regular Granite 4X4 though, or at least not one that I've been able to find. Do any of you know of a similar mount for the regular Granite?

Also, will the 17T and/or 27T over-work the 2400 Kv motor I have if I decide to go that way?

Thanks again folks!
The Mega & BLX chassis are the same. Any part for the BLX will fit the Mega if you add all the necessary parts such as entire diff assemblies & the right motor & slipper. The BLX motor mount is made for a motor with a 5mm shaft. The holes align with 32p gearing which means you would need the blx slipper.

This is not true, I got myself a mega , and got a senton blx 3s slipper and the blx motor mount (the whole piece the mtor mounts to and slides back on), the motor mount does NOT slide far enough back on the chassis. Sorry this is a old thread but still.

This is not true, I got myself a mega , and got a senton blx 3s slipper and the blx motor mount (the whole piece the mtor mounts to and slides back on), the motor mount does NOT slide far enough back on the chassis. Sorry this is a old thread but still.
It should its literally the same chassis, if it's not sliding back all the way something is either in the way or not installed correctly.
A lot of guys have done this mod without any problems.

Wrong. You probably had the nut in the back of the slipper assembly which kept it from seating fully in the input gear.
It should its literally the same chassis, if it's not sliding back all the way something is either in the way or not installed correctly.
A lot of guys have done this mod without any problems.
Probably that little black nut that comes with the rebuild kit.

This part came from jennys, slipper assembly and all, , so any ideals on the fix, looking at the rear of the slipper looks like a small black screw pupping out , or do I need to change the input gear on the rear so it will slide in?

This part came from jennys, slipper assembly and all, , so any ideals on the fix, looking at the rear of the slipper looks like a small black screw pupping out , or do I need to change the input gear on the rear so it will slide in?
You should only see the screw, not a nut. Did you upgrade to the HD Input Gears as well? The stock input gears are quite weak plastic shafts and are known to melt on 3S or above. The other easy answer is there is a rock in the chassis that is preventing the power module from sliding all the way back. Squeeze the back of the motor can and the rear of the shock tower like you're trying to choke an MF out. It will snap in place.

Just the screw. Im guessing it could be was trying to use the old input shafts
Nope already cleaned up, first thing I looked for, only thing I can think of is that input shaft. Same part number for front and rear?

Just the screw. Im guessing it could be was trying to use the old input shafts
Nope already cleaned up, first thing I looked for, only thing I can think of is that input shaft. Same part number for front and rear?
I know the input shaft on my Typhon had a bunch of crap in it and the power module didn't want to go back in, there was also something on the end of the slipper assembly output as well it looked like glue.

I think it's the same part number I'll double check.

HD INPUT GEAR 17T (1PC) #AR310773

You will need one for the front and one for the rear. These work only with the Mega diffs. If you want to swap to the BLX diffs, you will need the BLX HD Input gears instead.

Will I need to replace the bearings if I goto the blx diffs and input gear, or will the old ones still work?

Will I need to replace the bearings if I goto the blx diffs and input gear, or will the old ones still work?
You can use the old ones, but I don’t know why you don’t spend $25 and buy some rubber sealed bearings. ??‍♂️

You can use the old ones, but I don’t know why you don’t spend $25 and buy some rubber sealed bearings. ??‍♂️
Unless he already has rubber sealed bearings ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back