Infraction "Mega" wheel hex removal!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
I'm starting to question my knowledge on the hobby, I'm sitting here staring at these wheel hexs and can't figure out for the death of me how to remove them, it even shows the pin inside the stupid plastic junk!! Bout to drill them out!! I don't know whats worse, this or infamous stripped hex grub screws.. atleast with those I know what I'm up against!! 🤣
And why do they say this is 1/8.. clearly my senton is a lil bigger, same size chassis!? Oof

20220827_205607.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but did you try to pry them off with a flat head screw driver? They should pop off.

It’s the same chassis that your senton, typhon and big rock (LWB) which is probably why it’s referred to as 1/8th scale.

If it's that much trouble, locktite more than likely got on the surfaces. Remove the screw from inside the CV, put a nut on the outer axle and whack it with a little brass gunsmith hammer so as not to mess up the threads. It should break the seal.
It's not unlikely that the drive pin has mashed into the wheel adapter. a little whack should get that pin past the burr.

Last edited:
If it's that much trouble, locktite more than likely got on the surfaces. Remove the screw from inside the CV, put a nut on the outer axle and whack it with a little brass gunsmith hammer so as not to mess up the threads. It should break the seal.
It's not unlikely that the drive pin has mashed into the wheel adapter. a little whack should get that pin past the burr.
Arrmas are typically that tight. I don't know if its how the plastic is molded, or if it is done on purpose, but, every one i have ever taken off an Arrma, i have had to use a small screwdriver and work it off.

Yep I'm a dumb dumb.. never had the plastic wheel hex's!! Yep they slid right off with a flat head!! Kinda makes me wonder how they stay on and why the pin is even inside.. mega's, go figure!!
It’s the same chassis that your senton, typhon and big rock (LWB) which is probably why it’s referred to as 1/8th scale.
Yea but that's what my point is, the senton, BR, and typhon are all 1/10s.. so what makes this a 1/8 with my senton towering over it 🤔

Yep I'm a dumb dumb.. never had the plastic wheel hex's!! Yep they slid right off with a flat head!! Kinda makes me wonder how they stay on and why the pin is even inside.. mega's, go figure!!
Yea but that's what my point is, the senton, BR, and typhon are all 1/10s.. so what makes this a 1/8 with my senton towering over it 🤔
I have never figured out how they figure out scale, but, welcome to Arrma. I always thought 1/8TH scale meant it had 17MM hubs, but, the Infraction doesn't have 17MM hubs, and is shorter than the Senton, so, maybe its a money thing? I know most other companies list something as 1/8TH scale if it is over a certain length, but, a couple companies have cars as long as the Vendetta, and they are listed as 1/10TH scale, so who knows.

The Typhon is listed as a 1/8th scale. https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/1-8-typhon-4wd-v3-3s-blx-brushless-buggy-rtr--red/ARA4306V3.html

Rc scale is weird nothing about it makes sense.

Here is a 1/5th scale Losi MTXL next to a 1/5th scale Xmaxx.
1661706791397.png

1/5th scale Kraken vs 1/5th Kraton 8s vs 1/6th Losi Super Baja Rey.

1661707684347.png

1/10th scale Traxxas Stampede, 1/10th Traxxas Monster Slash 4x4, 1/10th Ecx Ruckus 2wd and 1/10th Traxxas Summit.

20220828_111656.jpg

A 1/14 scale truggy next to a 1/10th scale buggy.
20220828_112143.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back