Kraton METAL DIFF CASE #ARA220050

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I have one all set up with 1 mil Diff oil with a 50t Spur gear for my Infraction. I've been messing around to much with speed running applications and setups (46t Spur) that I've yet to use it!! o_O Everything went together very well, easy. It hasn't been under load but it hasn't leaked at all since it's been put together. (y)
So a bit ago there was a sale being done an Ebay seller, these things were like $6.95 a piece. ( Ibought like 6 of them at the time) I do remember a couple other members stating it worked well for them after they purchased them as well, if that may help at all!!

Those were priced in error and were the junk HR ones. I’ve either thrashed or given away all but one of the ones I bought. Haven’t used the Arrma ones yet.

Those were priced in error and were the junk HR ones. I’ve either thrashed or given away all but one of the ones I bought. Haven’t used the Arrma ones yet.
I'll have to double check when I get home if those are HR or not. Could've swore they were the Arrma Metal cups... :unsure:

These are the HR ones I’m referring to
E7812196-3F28-4B28-AAA0-66E05C95E235.jpeg

Thanks, folks? I guess I'll pick one up and give it a shot. My Typhon had a rock or something caught inside and tapered the stock diff enclosure. Still works but I want to replace it. I'll put this fancy red one on the Mojave and move the fresh one to the Typhon, I reckon. I'd deanodize but kinda liking the idea of the single red among all that new PPS stuff.

what issue do the Hot Racing ones have? What makes em junk? I see they normally cost more than the Arrma ones and I certainly don't have any loyalty to HR...just curious. There are HR parts I am happy with though...steering blocks, hub extensions, um, wheel nuts? ...so just those so far... I also remember seeing the German lady (that used to be more active here) on youtube having to re-finish a diff case because there was some binding but I think it was GPM she had to fix.

what issue do the Hot Racing ones have? What makes em junk? I see they normally cost more than the Arrma ones and I certainly don't have any loyalty to HR...just curious. There are HR parts I am happy with though...steering blocks, hub extensions, um, wheel nuts? ...so just those so far... I also remember seeing the German lady (that used to be more active here) on youtube having to re-finish a diff case because there was some binding but I think it was GPM she had to fix.
Well of what i can se the hot racing uses their gaskets who are not gaskets but o rings while the arrma uses the factory gaskets
If you ever break one of those orings good luck my friend

My issue with all the HR ones are breaking the tiny screws off in the case or rounding out the tiny 1.5 hex that’s soaked in red loctite from HR

I prefer them.

They fit very well in hot racing bulkheads (at least mine).
I do have a single new HR bulkhead and good to hear but in this case I'm gonna replace center. I imagine I'll buy more down the road.
Which reminds me, I didn't use the HR bulkhead I have on hand when I switched the Kraton rear last week. ? Always a next time. lol

Nice. I'm slowly in the process of using hot racing in the center only. No problem there.

Arrma only in diff cases for me.

My other question in regard the HR stuff, is it comes from China, so are their products soft aluminum like GPM, Integy... I have seen their shock tower brace bend like my Integy one did...
I think HR uses 6061 quality at least for braces and towers. Not sure what GPM uses but I've always heard its monkey metal with GPM, Integy and more bling than real function. Some have been happy with these HR parts but I know I've seen some big senders that aren't impressed. BBam has broken plenty HR if I remember correctly and now buys 7075 as a standard. It's only been a couple years now that we have 7075 grade Arrma upgrades getting built and most buyers nowadays will only buy these strongest parts now that its necessary. More / bigger air with Arrma drivers is fact vs other brands. Arrma guys send tf out of it.

I have all my diffs repalced with the arrma aluminum. Works great and fits perfect. Make sure to shim it correctly. Also use orange thread locker on those diff screws. I forgot to use any thread locker on the center diff and the screw slippped out and chewed my center mount.
IMG_20200308_121352889.jpg

I have all my diffs repalced with the arrma aluminum. Works great and fits perfect. Make sure to shim it correctly. Also use orange thread locker on those diff screws. I forgot to use any thread locker on the center diff and the screw slippped out and chewed my center mount. View attachment 69423
Good to know. thanks for the tips ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back