Metal lower parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaynor

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Vendetta
Does anyone have metal parts bolted to frame so when you turn hard it is the metal touching the ground instead of polymer?

I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding the question correctly so I'm going to work backwards to it's logical conclusion and you tell me what, if anything, I'm getting wrong.

If you have a vehicle that, with polymer suspension arms, can be put into a situation due to a combination of forces like hard steering, suspension compression, raised portion of the ground, etc. that causes the polymer arm to make contact with the ground, I would argue that it's a forgone conclusion that it will indeed be metal that will be touching the ground under the same set of circumstances given that the position in 3D space in relation to the chassis that was occupied by polymer in example one is now being taken up by metal. Am I missing something or does this answer the question? :)

Last edited:
I experimented and placed some screws in certain areas on the chassis for the pavement, with my 1/7 on road Arrmas. ( Alloy chassis)
There are upgrade Skid plates that are available, Or yu can get creative and mod some of your own. But honestly, I don't care. It is just a chassis. If you are bashing around on graveled rocky areas, or uneven pavement, it is what it is. On-Road platforms NEED to be very low to the ground to handle well.
Usually a pinky fingers worth of chassis clearance is as high as it should be. No more

If you are referring to the plastic chassis of your Vendetta, don't sweat it too much.
Those plastic chassis are very cheap to replace anyway. All chassis get scratched up. If not, then you are doing something wrong and Not having RC fun.:giggle:
Nothing RC stays looking New for long, unless it always remains on your Shelf.;)

If you get into Off Road rigs, You will surely be even more pissed off. Chassis slap/severe scraping is a normal thing, with them.
Don't sweat this much at all. Cant be too anal about these things. I imagine you are new to this hobby?:unsure:
:cool:

Edited.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding the question correctly so I'm going to work backwards to it's logical conclusion and you tell me what, if anything, I'm getting wrong.

If you have a vehicle that, with polymer suspension arms, can be put into a situation due to a combination of forces like hard steering, suspension compression, raised portion of the ground, etc. that causes the polymer arm to make contact with the ground, I would argue that it's a forgone conclusion that it will indeed be metal that will be touching the ground under the same set of circumstances given that the position in 3D space in relation to the chassis that was occupied by polymer in example one is now being taken up by metal. Am I missing something or does this answer the question? :)
What a curve ball!!

SpeedyTenderAbalone-max-1mb.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back