Mojave or Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Hey guys, just a quick multiple choice. The purpose for the rigs would be beating around a big open field, some on road stuff and the odd ramp jumping… fire pure fun and booting around fast… you could only pick one…

Hey guys, just a quick multiple choice. The purpose for the rigs would be beating around a big open field, some on road stuff and the odd ramp jumping… fire pure fun and booting around fast… you could only pick one…
Mojave. Better ground clearance, awesome suspension, and the slow mo vids are awesome.

I’ll throw a vote for the Typhon. Especially if on-road will be an option. Everybody has their favorites (and don’t get me wrong, I love my Mojave) but if I had to choose only one Arrma 6s rig it would be a Typhon, hands down. By far the most versatile platform in the line, IMO.

Depends on what you have already, by your profile you need a 6S XLWB platform and a Mojave is basically an off-road infraction. A 6S Senton is pretty easily converted into a Typhon.

If I'm spending your money, buy both and you decide.

I'd say Mojave.

It's BIG!
Makes most other 6S models look like midgets..(especially the Typhon)

Large Open Fields is its Native play grounds.

Runs Fast & Furious without breaking a sweat.

Floats over Rough terrain like it was a hovercraft from Star Wars.

Depends on what you have already, by your profile you need a 6S XLWB platform and a Mojave is basically egg toan off-road infraction. A 6S Senton is pretty easily converted into a Typhon.
There’s a trade opportunity involving my Typhon plus cash for a Mojave EXB with a castle MMX 8S combo.
I’ve been in the hobby exactly 1year this month so I don’t have a massive fleet, but I did go a little ape poop. Luckily I’m pretty organized lol

My fleet is;
-Arrma Typhon 6S stock RTR BLX
-Arrma Vendetta Stock RTR Spektrum
-Mugen MBX8TR eco with Xerun Plus G2S combo
(Not for racing, basically my daily)
-Mugen MBX7TR eco with Castle MMX COMBO
(My hardcore basher)
-Tekno ET410.2 Xerun xr10 pro combo (and the new ProStar aluminum front bulkhead on the way 😜)
-TLR SCTE 3.0 Xerun xr10 plus combo
-Losi Mini 8 stock
- 2WD LCG Slash castle sw4 combo

I just sold in the last 4 months:
O8S EXB and RTR,
DBXLE 2.0 ,
Infraction, 5T,
Kraton 8S EXB/fully M2C’d,
TLR 8E3.0,
Senton 6S,
TRX4
Drag Slash
Erevo 2.0
Savage Flux
I’m done with 8S for a while, might pickup another infraction next year 🤷🏼‍♂️ and another 5T but that’s gonna wait until I have $5k to put into it.

There’s a trade opportunity involving my Typhon plus cash for a Mojave EXB with a castle MMX 8S combo.
I’ve been in the hobby exactly 1year this month so I don’t have a massive fleet, but I did go a little ape poop. Luckily I’m pretty organized lol

My fleet is;
-Arrma Typhon 6S stock RTR BLX
-Arrma Vendetta Stock RTR Spektrum
-Mugen MBX8TR eco with Xerun Plus G2S combo
(Not for racing, basically my daily)
-Mugen MBX7TR eco with Castle MMX COMBO
(My hardcore basher)
-Tekno ET410.2 Xerun xr10 pro combo (and the new ProStar aluminum front bulkhead on the way 😜)
-TLR SCTE 3.0 Xerun xr10 plus combo
-Losi Mini 8 stock
- 2WD LCG Slash castle sw4 combo

I just sold in the last 4 months:
O8S EXB and RTR,
DBXLE 2.0 ,
Infraction, 5T,
Kraton 8S EXB/fully M2C’d,
TLR 8E3.0,
Senton 6S,
TRX4
Drag Slash
Erevo 2.0
Savage Flux
I’m done with 8S for a while, might pickup another infraction next year 🤷🏼‍♂️ and another 5T but that’s gonna wait until I have $5k to put into it.
looking at your line-up, i think you have many RCs to give to me.

I have both, Mojave for dirt, and Typhon for street. The Typhon suffers from clearance issues in rough terrain or tall grass, But I would recommend the Typhon for jumping. They are both fun in the street, with just a quick change of tires.

Mojave for flat out speed off road and smaller jumps. I don't enjoy jumping my Mojave due to closed wheel design.

Anything relates to jumping the vehicle I'd say Typhon. I hesitate running my Typhon though any uncut higher grass though.

Typhon.... with Mojave arms😎
Yep... threw this together Saturday afternoon....Mike
Screenshot_20231107_055024_Gallery.jpg

Does that require suspension or axle change?
You have to change the axles, steering links, and rear toe links, but nothing else... I also changed out the hubs to Kraton hubs to give it just a little more width yet, I love the setup, it's my daughter's car and we run 4s Backflips and the belted Talion tires on it, I'll post some pics tonight when I get home... it's $67 through JRC to get the complete a-arm set with rear toe links, and the axle set, and a few more bucks to get the steering links

You have to change the axles, steering links, and rear toe links, but nothing else... I also changed out the hubs to Kraton hubs to give it just a little more width yet, I love the setup, it's my daughter's car and we run 4s Backflips and the belted Talion tires on it, I'll post some pics tonight when I get home... it's $67 through JRC to get the complete a-arm set with rear toe links, and the axle set, and a few more bucks to get the steering links
So Mojave arms, D block, dogbones and suspension arms is all it would take??

So Mojave arms, D block, dogbones and suspension arms is all it would take??
I run the shocks/springs/towers to get full suspension articulation as Typhon shocks are shorter. If it's not a jumper or you don't plan on running 135mm+ tires it'll be fine. Obviously creates more ground clearance for grass if you have droop set properly

IMG_0497.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back