Mojave 4s vs. Raptor R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
After looking over my new Mojave 4s, I decided to get out my Traxxas Raptor R, and just compare the latest from Arrma to Traxxas’s newest of this segment.

The length and wheelbase are almost identical, and they are both narrow, short course style trucks, even though the Traxxas runs a street truck body.

It’ll be interesting to run them together and compare, although with all the upgrades I’ve installed on the Traxxas, it wouldn’t be a realistic comparison. But it’d be a lot more fair for the Traxxas. I may get them both out one day this week and video it if weather permits.
IMG_0965.jpeg
IMG_0964.jpeg

IMG_0963.jpeg

Mojave looks quite a bit wider from the pics. Must handle better, right? Meatier tires, too. Upgrades or not I’d guess the Mojave eats the Raptors lunch.
EDIT: Are those GTR shocks on the Raptor? Those are great, some of the best out there. I think my money is still on the Mojo, though. 😊
EDIT EDIT: Just saw that new HW G2 setup in the Raptor. Dang. Still going Mojo…

Last edited:
Mojave looks quite a bit wider from the pics. Must handle better, right? Meatier tires, too. Upgrades or not I’d guess the Mojave eats the Raptors lunch.
EDIT: Are those GTR shocks on the Raptor? Those are great, some of the best out there. I think my money is still on the Mojo, though. 😊
EDIT EDIT: Just saw that new HW G2 setup in the Raptor. Dang. Still going Mojo…
My Raptor R has a few upgrades…
GTR shocks
Protek 170sbl servo
Center diff
HW 4000kv combo

My moneys on the Mojave in anything but straight line speed. That HW is a real monster. But stock vs. stock? No comparison.
Is the raptor r just a looker or is it a good car to drive
It drives really well stock, but when you overpower it, it’s a real handful. I won’t run it above 2s anymore. Probably going to tune it down substantially. Maybe put that combo in the Gorgon. 😬

Love to know how you feel after driving both. I just put a max 8 g2 in my mojo 4s haven't ran it other than a steering test. My steering has a bind up when I turn right. It's like it gets caught on something and then jumps to full lock. Still digging in but just wondering if yours has this or not?

Love to know how you feel after driving both. I just put a max 8 g2 in my mojo 4s haven't ran it other than a steering test. My steering has a bind up when I turn right. It's like it gets caught on something and then jumps to full lock. Still digging in but just wondering if yours has this or not?
I just bound up my radio and plugged it in just to test that. Mine doesn’t bind at all. Sounds like a screw not all the way in to me.

On a side note, how about that steering servo??? That thing has some seriously fast, strong steering for a stock setup. I have a Reef’s Raw 500 that I was going to install tomorrow, but I don’t think I’m going to. Way to go Arrma!!! So far, looking this truck over, I have zero complaints. That never, ever happens with me. I always find something to upgrade right out of the box. Arrma has been on a roll lately. My last 3 Arrmas have been spectacular. I cannot wait to run this thing.

I just bound up my radio and plugged it in just to test that. Mine doesn’t bind at all. Sounds like a screw not all the way in to me.

On a side note, how about that steering servo??? That thing has some seriously fast, strong steering for a stock setup. I have a Reef’s Raw 500 that I was going to install tomorrow, but I don’t think I’m going to. Way to go Arrma!!! So far, looking this truck over, I have zero complaints. That never, ever happens with me. I always find something to upgrade right out of the box. Arrma has been on a roll lately. My last 3 Arrmas have been spectacular. I cannot wait to run this thing.
Figured it out! I actually think it's a bit of a defect but the steering wrack sits on those pins that bolt to the chassis and then the front bulkhead sits on top and that pin goes into the bulkhead. Not sure if that made sense or not. But anyways the bulkhead was not lined up with the pin at all so it wasn't sitting on it and creating a ton of slop in the steering wrack which caused it to bind. Had to loosen the screw on the pin to allow some play to get the bulkhead to fit on it and then tighten everything down and it's smooth as butter now 👍🏼👍🏼

But yes dude the servo is good I agree! I actually already bought a 25t servo saver thinking I would be swapping servos but damn this sucker moves good!!

Figured it out! I actually think it's a bit of a defect but the steering wrack sits on those pins that bolt to the chassis and then the front bulkhead sits on top and that pin goes into the bulkhead. Not sure if that made sense or not. But anyways the bulkhead was not lined up with the pin at all so it wasn't sitting on it and creating a ton of slop in the steering wrack which caused it to bind. Had to loosen the screw on the pin to allow some play to get the bulkhead to fit on it and then tighten everything down and it's smooth as butter now 👍🏼👍🏼

But yes dude the servo is good I agree! I actually already bought a 25t servo saver thinking I would be swapping servos but damn this sucker moves good!!
I’ll put it this way, I only have 2 rigs out of my whole collection (not counting shelf queens) that run a stock servo. This is one of them. I see no reason to change it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back