Mojave Mojave RTR or EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I started to get interested into the mojave v2 specially because of the durability of that truck. It does fly decent of what i can see on the internet. But me being me i want the best of the best when it comes to spending my money reason why i got the kraton exb. I had electronic issues with it and make the experience bitter and not being able to run the rear diff open because the arrma spacer part number was not yet revealed.

But the mojave RTR was already tough even before the exb came out. My worries on it are is the chassi and the differential. Knowing the sun gears and pins snaping in half. Its 859$ for the RTR

for the exb its 699$ here in canada and i aoready have a motor and esc who are new and work(i think the motor works because the motor wasnt responsible for the cogging) and i have the blx 185 who i need to buy a cap pack for to avoid the same issue i had with the kraton. I just need a servo and a transmitter who i might steal from my kraton 4s. Since i got my forst exb the 4s has kinda been left to side i feel bad about selling it if i decide to do that. What i don't like About the exb is the black body and wheels i would like to have a red version but as an exb and the diffs who don't have an open rear diff once again. Another plus is That i will have compatible spare pars for both exbs. If i buy a spare for one the other will also fit the other truck.

i don't like to overpower my rcs so i keep the stock systems for durability but maybe the exb mojave running a 1/8 scale electronics is maybe reaching its limits?

well
I started to get interested into the mojave v2 specially because of the durability of that truck. It does fly decent of what i can see on the internet. But me being me i want the best of the best when it comes to spending my money reason why i got the kraton exb. I had electronic issues with it and make the experience bitter and not being able to run the rear diff open because the arrma spacer part number was not yet revealed.

But the mojave RTR was already tough even before the exb came out. My worries on it are is the chassi and the differential. Knowing the sun gears and pins snaping in half. Its 859$ for the RTR

for the exb its 699$ here in canada and i aoready have a motor and esc who are new and work(i think the motor works because the motor wasnt responsible for the cogging) and i have the blx 185 who i need to buy a cap pack for to avoid the same issue i had with the kraton. I just need a servo and a transmitter who i might steal from my kraton 4s. Since i got my forst exb the 4s has kinda been left to side i feel bad about selling it if i decide to do that. What i don't like About the exb is the black body and wheels i would like to have a red version but as an exb and the diffs who don't have an open rear diff once again. Another plus is That i will have compatible spare pars for both exbs. If i buy a spare for one the other will also fit the other truck.

i don't like to overpower my rcs so i keep the stock systems for durability but maybe the exb mojave running a 1/8 scale electronics is maybe reaching its limits?
well if u already have the electronics then I would say the exb. But if u want the tires and body it is going to be the same price as the rtr. As people know the exb towers LUV to break! I am not an expert so I will let others chime in!:)

Well, I faced the same dilemma not long ago. Long explanation short it's a decision that only you can make. As for me, I chose the ready to run and I think that it's placed very well as far as power and durability. I seriously considered the exb simply for its aluminum upgrades, but chose the RTR for my own personal reasons. at this stage of the game, I can say that I have no regrets about my decision. In the end, it's going to come down to what do you want. Not an easy decision, is it? both options have their good points and potential drawbacks......like it has already been mentioned, the exb becomes more appealing if you have motor/esc already on hand for it...look at the bright side.....both options are a good way to go.....( I got the red rtr, btw)
And btw, the Mojave is pretty tough....1/8 scale electronics go well in the platform....plenty of Mojave blasters on this forum have put more potent stuff in the Mojave than that.....the Mojave is, many say, one of the toughest, if not THE toughest, Arrma rig made....

Last edited:
I went for the EXB - better diffs, better grade of aluminum for the chassis, metal braces (although I am replacing mine with m2c and adding the shock tower brace) and, as shallow as it is, I like the color of the wheels and body better than either of the RTR choices.
Sounds like you made a good choice for you.....nice to have these options.....even though it can be tough sometimes deciding between the .2 for some of us.....I may get an exb in the future.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back