Mojave Mojave Updated Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new wheels have a new part number. It's in the manual.

The new plastic isn't any stronger. There's just a bit more of it.

Hi Grimbles, when did you purchase those red and green wheels, I'm guessing this is a recent update by all accounts?
I doubt that considering that the 2020 version already had the same wheels...

EDIT:

My car was part N: ARA7604V2T2 purchased back in May...

20211030_153358.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a better wheel - but I'm not sure your theory is right. If they got a new mold, then it's only a matter of time before the gunmetal wheels also share the same wheel design. They probably just changed over the mold and resumed the production run of whatever color they were running at the time without regard to "EXB wheels should get the new beefed up design first."
This seems to be the most logical explanation.. The red RTR does sell probably more than the EXB or the "green", therefore making it a business decision above the colour... Eventually, all rims will be the same again...

This is how my Mojave wheel hexes look after a year (~30 packs), despite using the M2C hexes since it's very first run. They all have a warp on them but this one is the worst

No doubt that the M2C hexes did help, and they obviously still run, but this is still evidence enough to show the original molding for the Mojave wheels just wasn't good enough. I've even rotated them F/R and L/R, twice, for longevity

I've just fitted some FTX DR8 wheels that have a much beefier hex on them. If I ever have to order more gun metal Fortress wheels, hopefully they'll come with the newer molding 🤔

PXL_20211224_120014366.jpg

Hi guys, any updates on this? I really need need set of wheels for the upcoming season.
Anyone been able to get the grey EXB wheels with new molding?

They came on first EXB. Not my second a year later.

You get what you get I guess.

By now they should only be the new molding.

Either way, the new molding can't handle 8s.

^^^ wow that's messed up.
My guess is that these wheels may be coming from 2 different factories. On making retail retail replacements( new style), the other for production kits??:unsure:
How could both be still in production, otherwise? The new wheel mold is clearly better and revised for a reason.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back