TYPHON 6s SPEED BUILD castle motor n ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEMONIK916

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon TLR
HI GUYS HAPPY NEW YEAR can anyone suggest which castle motor and ESC would be best for a extreme speed build thanks.

thanks ill have a look into that :)

Are you wanting to stick with the short typhon wheelbase or were you thinking of a stretched chassis?
GT Chassis from Scorched are a nice option also. The money pit is real!

You can also convert a typhon to a Limitless / Infraction quite easily.

Stretched 1Capture.JPG

Last edited:
hi i will be extending it but only a bit, then adding a scorched motor mount front n rear diff lockers wit hoboa gearing ceramic bearings etc
Sounds like you have done some shopping.
I'll tell you that many have found the diff lockers are not ideal. Raz, James, and Shawn + others ran them when they first came out and then went back to normal diffs.

Unless you have a really really great road the locked diffs make the car dart around and unpredictable.

Ceramic bearings you could add in when looking for those last few mph but starting out I would recommend normal bearings and just clean the grease out and add synthetic bearing oil every few runs. I was able to run all last year on original bearings in my VTE2 with only oiling before each outing.

Please reach out if you have questions. I like to help people avoid expensive purchases that might not help them reach their goals.

thanks for the info on the diff lockers scorched front and rear diff housings look amazing though and can take the hoboa gearing too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back