6s typhon reciever problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 6S typon I'm not sure what's going on I've tried three different receivers and none of them light up when I go to bind them but yet the ESC lights up and goes through its motions I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I have access to different controllers dx3 and slt3 also have a 300 receiver a 315 6100a and a 6200 a but none of them light up when I go to bind them starting to get pissed LOL I want to get this road warrior on the road.. I also take my Dremel and cut new tread lines into bald tires which gets me an extra few battery packs and get your test different patterns the key is don't go too deep as soon as they get bald do it you'd be surprised how much more life you can get out of the tires just thought I'd share

IMG_20230830_105936.jpg

IMG_20230830_105855.jpg

IMG_20230830_105915.jpg

I have a 6S typon I'm not sure what's going on I've tried three different receivers and none of them light up when I go to bind them but yet the ESC lights up and goes through its motions I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I have access to different controllers dx3 and slt3 also have a 300 receiver a 315 6100a and a 6200 a but none of them light up when I go to bind them starting to get pissed LOL I want to get this road warrior on the road.. I also take my Dremel and cut new tread lines into bald tires which gets me an extra few battery packs and get your test different patterns the key is don't go too deep as soon as they get bald do it you'd be surprised how much more life you can get out of the tires just thought I'd share

View attachment 319792

View attachment 319793

View attachment 319794
Is this what you did? You can do this to pretty much any Spektrum rx.

Is this what you did? You can do this to pretty much any Spektrum rx.

Yes but first and foremost the receiver light has to light up and on all three receivers none of them have yet the ESC 150 amp makes it sound and goes through the motions and I only have one battery hooked up at the time so it only makes the three beeps so it tells you it's on 3s.. I'm wondering if I should just change the ESC but if it's lighting up and going through the motions I don't know what the problem is the odds of having three bad receivers are highly unlikely I think

Are you plugging the esc into the correct port and in the correct orientation? Channel 2(not port 2) is the throttle and the black wire needs to be facing the outside of the receiver.

Sounds like your bec is dead, have you confirmed you have voltage and ground on the bec?

Honestly the first question should be why are you swapping receivers? What happened to the first one to cause you to swap? If it's because the rx won't light up then you're barking up the wrong tree...

Unplug the steering servo.. this should be your first place to start when you have a dead bec circuit... Extremely common for a servo to short internally and black out the bec...

Are you plugging the esc into the correct port and in the correct orientation? Channel 2(not port 2) is the throttle and the black wire needs to be facing the outside of the receiver.
Well I know for a fact that the negative black wire is in the correct position because you can look closely on the receiver and see the markings as far as throttle being in the correct one and steering being in the correct one I'm almost positive I'd even tried switching them but still no light comes on the receivers I'm tempted just to drop a chunk of change into a new 150 amp ESC and receiver but I don't really want to I have over 30 vehicles two of everything typhoon felony infraction 6 and 3s 3s typhoon three vendettas the 6s typhoon is probably my favorite I was thinking of maybe using one of the receivers from my felony that is currently under reconstruction but if I've already tried three something else is going on I think maybe just replace the whole system
Sounds like your bec is dead, have you confirmed you have voltage and ground on the bec?

Honestly the first question should be why are you swapping receivers? What happened to the first one to cause you to swap? If it's because the rx won't light up then you're barking up the wrong tree...

Unplug the steering servo.. this should be your first place to start when you have a dead bec circuit... Extremely common for a servo to short internally and black out the bec...
Well my first 6s1 literally split into when I hit a curb at full speed hit some gravel spun out that was the end of that as far as the current one to be honest I can't remember I'm 62 so memory starts to fade after a while lol it used to work but would only go so far and then I would have no control over steering throttle or nothing
Well I know for a fact that the negative black wire is in the correct position because you can look closely on the receiver and see the markings as far as throttle being in the correct one and steering being in the correct one I'm almost positive I'd even tried switching them but still no light comes on the receivers I'm tempted just to drop a chunk of change into a new 150 amp ESC and receiver but I don't really want to I have over 30 vehicles two of everything typhoon felony infraction 6 and 3s 3s typhoon three vendettas the 6s typhoon is probably my favorite I was thinking of maybe using one of the receivers from my felony that is currently under reconstruction but if I've already tried three something else is going on I think maybe just replace the whole system

Well my first 6s1 literally split into when I hit a curb at full speed hit some gravel spun out that was the end of that as far as the current one to be honest I can't remember I'm 62 so memory starts to fade after a while lol it used to work but would only go so far and then I would have no control over steering throttle or nothing
To be honest I haven't checked the Bec I figured since the ESC fires up and makes the correct sounds when I have a 3s battery hooked up that everything was fine how do you check it

Last edited:

To be honest I haven't checked the Bec I figured since the ESC fires up and makes the correct sounds when I have a 3s battery hooked up that everything was fine how do you check it

Just start with the simple stuff..

Unplug the servo and then turn the esc on.. if it (the rx) lights up the servo is and was the culprit of the shorted bec circuit..đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back