Granite More power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you, I don't like glueing tires either, I bought a couple sets of amazon cheapos for my subotech bg1518, I got them glued but they didnt look that good. I am planning on getting a set of MX28s for my Granite soon so I will probably just let it go at this point. Its not out of balance enough to even vibrate off the stand when its running full throttle so it looks worse than it is I guess.
I had to take apart all of the tires on my Summit, whoever cut the foams cut them in an oval shape instead of round, a quick Google search showed this to be a common problem.
And I too like @Megasty cannot glue a tire straight to save my life.

I had to take apart all of the tires on my Summit, whoever cut the foams cut them in an oval shape instead of round, a quick Google search showed this to be a common problem.
And I too like @Megasty cannot glue a tire straight to save my life.

Were all human lol Like I said before I got a couple cheapo sets off amazon and practiced on them, one set was 1.9 crawler wheels and tires, the other were a monster truck tire and wheel. I got the 1.9 set glued pretty straight but the larger set...yeah right, I spent almost an entire day and 4 bottles of Loctite Gel Glu and still couldnt get them perfect. I cant imagine having to do the foam cutting to!

So I give these factories hands down credit for being able to do as good as they do, they glue and assemble more tires in 2 days than most of us will do in our lives. Now I understand why pre-mounted sets cost more sometimes. I wonder if the factories have machines that do the glueing and foam cutting or actual humans. If its humans, I can only imagine what the shops look like. They probably have people in third world countries working for pennies on the dollar making and assembling the wheels and tires

Were all human lol Like I said before I got a couple cheapo sets off amazon and practiced on them, one set was 1.9 crawler wheels and tires, the other were a monster truck tire and wheel. I got the 1.9 set glued pretty straight but the larger set...yeah right, I spent almost an entire day and 4 bottles of Loctite Gel Glu and still couldnt get them perfect. I cant imagine having to do the foam cutting to!

So I give these factories hands down credit for being able to do as good as they do, they glue and assemble more tires in 2 days than most of us will do in our lives. Now I understand why pre-mounted sets cost more sometimes. I wonder if the factories have machines that do the glueing and foam cutting or actual humans. If its humans, I can only imagine what the shops look like. They probably have people in third world countries working for pennies on the dollar making and assembling the wheels and tires
I don't remember who it was that told me this but apparently the gel glue makes it harder to glue tires. I've been using this with good success lately, and you can use this stuff to repair tires as well http://bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_2000.html

They have to do it that way, because if those were made in the US they would most likely cost 3-4 times as much.

I don't remember who it was that told me this but apparently the gel glue makes it harder to glue tires. I've been using this with good success lately, and you can use this stuff to repair tires as well http://bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_2000.html

They have to do it that way, because if those were made in the US they would most likely cost 3-4 times as much.

Ive always used the Gel glue. The bottle has little handles on each side you can squeeze it with and it controls the flow pretty well, with the arthritis in my hands regular glue is to thin and I end up applying WAY to much. I fixed my X-Maxx tires with gel and it held together good.

I have seen clear Bob Smith glue on Amazon and it does appear to be a pretty good product according to the reviews. It says 20-45 sec bonding time, which does make it nice if you need to move the bead of the tire around to get it set right, Loc-Tite don't do that for sure. And I didnt know Bobs had black glue, that would be good to.

When I upgrade my tires, I am going to try and find rubber wheels for the wheelie bar on my Granite 3s BLX. I thought about trying the Traxxas ones but I do not know if the center diameter is the same.

Both 4s & larger (heavier) tires will wreck the driveshafts, but are possible. You will have to go 17mm on the hubs. Redcat's BS809-007 hubs works perfectly. The largest tires I've tried on it are regular Badlands 3.8. Any larger than that looks stupid & don't have enough clearance to turn. Try tightening the slipper if you want the best power out the system. It comes pretty loose & won't wheelie out the box.

I agree. That’s way too big. Badlands 3.8’s look huge on my Outcast even. Can’t imagine on a smaller truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back