Mojave More questions from a NEWBIE ---- need your feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
Hello all..... very new to RC, have received VALUABLE FEEDBACK from you folks....THANX

I am heavily leaning towards the Mojave.... but if money gets in the way, a Senton v3.

I have heard that occasionally debris gets into the carriage due 2 the over the wheel design of the body on the Senton. True for the Mojave as well? My guess is - probably yes. Has it been a problem for you ? (Mojave or Senton....) Does a mesh debris net cover solve the problem?

A question for those who have their ears tuned into the R & D unit of Arrma.....is a Mojave v2 in the works? I saw the EXB.....whew..... thats more than I should tackle at this stage in my RC life.....maybe later....

Mojave v2 rumors? Anything DEFINITE could prompt me to delay purchase....

Now the wide open crazy question....Batteries

Have read a lotta threads on this....lots of viewpoints. 2 that catch my attention are....buy cheap.... "can buy 2 for what a big $ one costs"..... etc..... - and - spend some money on something that isn't crap.....

It appears that prices vary WIDELY, specs are not exactly reliable for many batteries, etc.

Sooooo.... what has worked for YOU?

What do I look for? I hate wasting money, but I don't mind spending a bit more for quality.....

Currently running 2S in a $120 China made Hosim 9125.... just a cheap basher to get my feet wet.

Will be moving up to 3S and 6S, sooner or later.

Example.... Spectrum 6s completer pack with charger and 2 -- 3S batteries....$289. ---compared to---
Off brand 3S batteries - (some praise the brand on this forum) and decent rated charger.(not dual).... $165

I know the cozy relationship Horizon has with Spectrum and Arrma...... they are all part of the umbrella...

What have YOU done..... especially looking for equipment that usually works and has not let you down...but also info about stuff that is crap is helpful , too.

And finally.....Spektrum batteries & chargers.... are they worth it? At this stage, the smart stuff, the telemetry.... etc.... how can I say this? Maybe comparing it to school. I am in first or 2nd grade in RC. I am not in high school yet, or even jr high. Cant say that telemetry is in my top 10 wants at this stage..... just a reliable, hard core basher from a good company using decent batteries.

Thank you for your time.....ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

A debris mesh gets 99 percent of the debris out. A spectrum power stage bundle should be amazing. It gets everything ready for u so the only thing u need to press is the charge button. Don't think there will be a v2 Mojave coming out any time soon. I do have a senton but it's for speed runs.
6s power stage bundle. She really is beautiful.(the battery and chargers)

A debris mesh gets 99 percent of the debris out. A spectrum power stage bundle should be amazing. It gets everything ready for u so the only thing u need to press is the charge button. Don't think there will be a v2 Mojave coming out any time soon. I do have a senton but it's for speed runs.
6s power stage bundle. She really is beautiful.(the battery and chargers)
Thank you sir....... appreciate it..... your picture of Batman looks like he just tried wasabi or ghost peppers for the first time
Anyone with experience with the Spectrum batteries? Do they hold up vs other brands? I saw one review of various brands with ALL KINDS of info (posted elsewhere in Arrma forum), where....well.....other brands did well, while others did worse..... looking for any input ....

THANX

Last edited:
I'm a 13-year-old boy. lol. I don't know if that makes you embarrassed or laugh! But you're welcome. Your thought on my profile pic really did crack me up lol.
Well, Im a 54 year old entering my 2nd childhood..... enjoy it.... I am

The only concern I would have with the mesh cover is heat. I don't have one, but I've run with DIY versions to keep out snow (of course heat is not a concern when it's 20 below!). In the summer, you would likely need to install a heatsink/fan combo to keep the motor cool, or keep the mesh open a bit and a very close eye on temps.

As for batteries, I'm no expert, but I've mostly bought cheap ones, although my first was a gensacearespammers. Here's what I can say: nearly all of my batteries have developed at least one weak cell over time (including the gensacearespammers). I'm careful with them, keep them storage charged and such, but my theory has been that running to LVC can be risky. I run voltage alarms most of the time now to ensure the cells don't drop too low (I usually set the cut-off to 3.4V). Other than that, I've had great luck with the amazon special batteries, no puffing or premature death, but I'm sure others will chime in with horror stories.

As for Spektrum telemetry and such, all the bells and whistles you describe are cool, but you're gonna pay for them. What I did is buy the RTR, reasonably priced batteries & charger (I use the Hitec RDX1) and then drive it. Later, after some research, I replaced the transmitter/receiver (with a Flysky GT5 - budget radio, but much better than the included STX2). Then upgrade the bumper. Then the servo. The hobby is expensive enough when you break things, no need to break the bank from the get-go, at least that's my opinion.

The only concern I would have with the mesh cover is heat. I don't have one, but I've run with DIY versions to keep out snow (of course heat is not a concern when it's 20 below!). In the summer, you would likely need to install a heatsink/fan combo to keep the motor cool, or keep the mesh open a bit and a very close eye on temps.

As for batteries, I'm no expert, but I've mostly bought cheap ones, although my first was a gensacearespammers. Here's what I can say: nearly all of my batteries have developed at least one weak cell over time (including the gensacearespammers). I'm careful with them, keep them storage charged and such, but my theory has been that running to LVC can be risky. I run voltage alarms most of the time now to ensure the cells don't drop too low (I usually set the cut-off to 3.4V). Other than that, I've had great luck with the amazon special batteries, no puffing or premature death, but I'm sure others will chime in with horror stories.

As for Spektrum telemetry and such, all the bells and whistles you describe are cool, but you're gonna pay for them. What I did is buy the RTR, reasonably priced batteries & charger (I use the Hitec RDX1) and then drive it. Later, after some research, I replaced the transmitter/receiver (with a Flysky GT5 - budget radio, but much better than the included STX2). Then upgrade the bumper. Then the servo. The hobby is expensive enough when you break things, no need to break the bank from the get-go, at least that's my opinion.
Much agree with all, appreciate the feedback......THANX
Much agree with all, appreciate the feedback......THANX
I understand about the heat..... would include a fan more than likely if I did a net cover

Will there be dirt? Yes, tires are under the body and they will fill up the body in no time.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/scorched-rc-mojave-inner-fenders-review.28950/

Will there be a Mojave V2? The EXB is the V2 as a roller. No idea if there is one with better electronics coming out, my guess by next year.
Eventually, they'll run out of the old stock and use the Firma stuff.

Batteries,:
Look at what you want to do and if you consider getting a 3S or a 6S. Don't waste your money on 2S or 4S batteries unless you have a dedicated rig for it.
I use Zeee and equivalent Lipo's from Amazon, they are all basically the same. China Hobby Line is another favorite. I do have SMC as well, some hate them I love them. It's your money.
I look for cost and compare to experience from others. Zeee, Ovonics, gens-ace-r-spam and other non-names on Amazon are all ok for bashing. I stay away from the truly premium ones due to cost, they are recommended for speed runs etc but not for everyday bashing

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-lipo-of-choice.218/page-35#post-401241

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/

Spektrum is good if you do not want to deal with lipo storage charging and have less overhead in general. It's a good eco system with great support. You pay the price and performance is marginal on the Lipos themselves. Charger etc are good.

Will there be dirt? Yes, tires are under the body and they will fill up the body in no time.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/scorched-rc-mojave-inner-fenders-review.28950/

Will there be a Mojave V2? The EXB is the V2 as a roller. No idea if there is one with better electronics coming out, my guess by next year.
Eventually, they'll run out of the old stock and use the Firma stuff.

Batteries,:
Look at what you want to do and if you consider getting a 3S or a 6S. Don't waste your money on 2S or 4S batteries unless you have a dedicated rig for it.
I use Zeee and equivalent Lipo's from Amazon, they are all basically the same. China Hobby Line is another favorite. I do have SMC as well, some hate them I love them. It's your money.
I look for cost and compare to experience from others. Zeee, Ovonics, gens-ace-r-spam and other non-names on Amazon are all ok for bashing. I stay away from the truly premium ones due to cost, they are recommended for speed runs etc but not for everyday bashing

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-lipo-of-choice.218/page-35#post-401241

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/

Spektrum is good if you do not want to deal with lipo storage charging and have less overhead in general. It's a good eco system with great support. You pay the price and performance is marginal on the Lipos themselves. Charger etc are good.

Thanx JKflowe.... this is the stuff I was looking for..... yeah, my reference to the 2S batteries is for my entry level 2S rig.... thanx for the links.....

Thank You !!! Bells and whistles don't mean a lot to me at this time.....

For the lipos hrb and zeee are really good. Better warranty you will ever get and its trougth amazing they ussualy ahve 6-month- 1 year warranty and custumer service. No really point of getting the senton 6s the mojave is what you want.

For the lipos hrb and zeee are really good. Better warranty you will ever get and its trougth amazing they ussualy ahve 6-month- 1 year warranty and custumer service. No really point of getting the senton 6s the mojave is what you want.

Yessir..... the Mojave is what I want.... .saw it and the Senton together.... with all due respect, the Senton kicks ..... but the Mojave......????

Jon, if you really want to the tours go for hrb's graphene line..a bit more expensive but really feels like a difference leagues in power and run time.

I have a 6500 mah 6s monster and sometime that thing outlives the time I have to bash.and really takes 6s to another level perfect wise.

I usually use gensacearespammers 6s lipos but comparison the two packs are like comparing firecrackers with nuclear bombs lol
Sorry about all the typos.
Performance wise*

Hello all..... very new to RC, have received VALUABLE FEEDBACK from you folks....THANX

I am heavily leaning towards the Mojave.... but if money gets in the way, a Senton v3.

I have heard that occasionally debris gets into the carriage due 2 the over the wheel design of the body on the Senton. True for the Mojave as well? My guess is - probably yes. Has it been a problem for you ? (Mojave or Senton....) Does a mesh debris net cover solve the problem?

A question for those who have their ears tuned into the R & D unit of Arrma.....is a Mojave v2 in the works? I saw the EXB.....whew..... thats more than I should tackle at this stage in my RC life.....maybe later....

Mojave v2 rumors? Anything DEFINITE could prompt me to delay purchase....

Now the wide open crazy question....Batteries

Have read a lotta threads on this....lots of viewpoints. 2 that catch my attention are....buy cheap.... "can buy 2 for what a big $ one costs"..... etc..... - and - spend some money on something that isn't crap.....

It appears that prices vary WIDELY, specs are not exactly reliable for many batteries, etc.

Sooooo.... what has worked for YOU?

What do I look for? I hate wasting money, but I don't mind spending a bit more for quality.....

Currently running 2S in a $120 China made Hosim 9125.... just a cheap basher to get my feet wet.

Will be moving up to 3S and 6S, sooner or later.

Example.... Spectrum 6s completer pack with charger and 2 -- 3S batteries....$289. ---compared to---
Off brand 3S batteries - (some praise the brand on this forum) and decent rated charger.(not dual).... $165

I know the cozy relationship Horizon has with Spectrum and Arrma...... they are all part of the umbrella...

What have YOU done..... especially looking for equipment that usually works and has not let you down...but also info about stuff that is crap is helpful , too.

And finally.....Spektrum batteries & chargers.... are they worth it? At this stage, the smart stuff, the telemetry.... etc.... how can I say this? Maybe comparing it to school. I am in first or 2nd grade in RC. I am not in high school yet, or even jr high. Cant say that telemetry is in my top 10 wants at this stage..... just a reliable, hard core basher from a good company using decent batteries.

Thank you for your time.....ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

There is always a new version in the works. I just picked up the Mojave and I run zee batteries. This thing is amazing. Honestly, I've beat the crap out of it and it is fine. The design is great. Don't worry about what might come out, this thing is a beast and any improvement will be marginal. The only weak spot is probably the receiver. That can be a cheap fix though. If you are leaning heavily to the Mojave, go for it! The receiver may be fine for your use and it is an easy change later.

Just my 2 copper.

Jon, if you really want to the tours go for hrb's graphene line..a bit more expensive but really feels like a difference leagues in power and run time.

I have a 6500 mah 6s monster and sometime that thing outlives the time I have to bash.and really takes 6s to another level perfect wise.

I usually use gensacearespammers 6s lipos but comparison the two packs are like comparing firecrackers with nuclear bombs lol
Sorry about all the typos.
Performance wise*
Thank you sir..... have narrowed my short list a bit, your input has helped
There is always a new version in the works. I just picked up the Mojave and I run zee batteries. This thing is amazing. Honestly, I've beat the crap out of it and it is fine. The design is great. Don't worry about what might come out, this thing is a beast and any improvement will be marginal. The only weak spot is probably the receiver. That can be a cheap fix though. If you are leaning heavily to the Mojave, go for it! The receiver may be fine for your use and it is an easy change later.

Just my 2 copper.
Have been researching a possible replacement for that receiver and transmitter.... thanks for the feedback.....it mirrors my own view as I get more and more info

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back