Mojave More questions from a NEWBIE ---- need your feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG....... thanx for sharing.....don't need that !!!!

My expected purchase date has been delayed, so....... if there is a v2....... initially should've been ordering now....but now, by the end of the year at the latest (I HOPE).....unless something really weird happens.....will see.... .
If you have an order in for a Mojave and they release a V2 next, that’s what you’ll get. Same thing happened to Infraction buyers. They received a V2.

If you have an order in for a Mojave and they release a V2 next, that’s what you’ll get. Same thing happened to Infraction buyers. They received a V2.
So you must tell me.......what don't you know about Rc's? (just appreciating your input.....you have been super helpful, jondilly

So you must tell me.......what don't you know about Rc's? (just appreciating your input.....you have been super helpful, jondilly
I don’t know how to drive them well ???‍♂️??

I find that hard to believe........so how do you become a lifetime premium member?
1603515937560.jpeg

I find that hard to believe........so how do you become a lifetime premium member?
I have only seen the option of purchasing a year premium member....just wondering..... stands to reason its $$$$$$

Hello all..... very new to RC, have received VALUABLE FEEDBACK from you folks....THANX

I am heavily leaning towards the Mojave.... but if money gets in the way, a Senton v3.

I have heard that occasionally debris gets into the carriage due 2 the over the wheel design of the body on the Senton. True for the Mojave as well? My guess is - probably yes. Has it been a problem for you ? (Mojave or Senton....) Does a mesh debris net cover solve the problem?

A question for those who have their ears tuned into the R & D unit of Arrma.....is a Mojave v2 in the works? I saw the EXB.....whew..... thats more than I should tackle at this stage in my RC life.....maybe later....

Mojave v2 rumors? Anything DEFINITE could prompt me to delay purchase....

Now the wide open crazy question....Batteries

Have read a lotta threads on this....lots of viewpoints. 2 that catch my attention are....buy cheap.... "can buy 2 for what a big $ one costs"..... etc..... - and - spend some money on something that isn't crap.....

It appears that prices vary WIDELY, specs are not exactly reliable for many batteries, etc.

Sooooo.... what has worked for YOU?

What do I look for? I hate wasting money, but I don't mind spending a bit more for quality.....

Currently running 2S in a $120 China made Hosim 9125.... just a cheap basher to get my feet wet.

Will be moving up to 3S and 6S, sooner or later.

Example.... Spectrum 6s completer pack with charger and 2 -- 3S batteries....$289. ---compared to---
Off brand 3S batteries - (some praise the brand on this forum) and decent rated charger.(not dual).... $165

I know the cozy relationship Horizon has with Spectrum and Arrma...... they are all part of the umbrella...

What have YOU done..... especially looking for equipment that usually works and has not let you down...but also info about stuff that is crap is helpful , too.

And finally.....Spektrum batteries & chargers.... are they worth it? At this stage, the smart stuff, the telemetry.... etc.... how can I say this? Maybe comparing it to school. I am in first or 2nd grade in RC. I am not in high school yet, or even jr high. Cant say that telemetry is in my top 10 wants at this stage..... just a reliable, hard core basher from a good company using decent batteries.

Thank you for your time.....ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED
China hobby line (CHNL) for batteries.. Personally I would stay away from Specktrum branded batteries, you’ll pay double the price for a mediocre at best battery. Go get two strong 3s batteries from CHNL for about $50 each that will perform better than the Spectrum batteries

China hobby line (CHNL) for batteries.. Personally I would stay away from Specktrum branded batteries, you’ll pay double the price for a mediocre at best battery. Go get two strong 3s batteries from CHNL for about $50 each that will perform better than the Spectrum batteries
Good stuff......I found a link to CHNL .......I have formed an opinion about Spectrum batteries, echoes yours .....
I don’t see the link anymore. Let’s call in the boss @WoodiE
Thanx again
THANK YOU!

I don’t see the link anymore. Let’s call in the boss @WoodiE

Here’s a question for ya....Mojave exb......what would you put in it? Not looking to launch it to the moon......but reliable 6s electronics.....economical but solid......I don’t know squat about what is good/ bad or otherwise

Here’s a question for ya....Mojave exb......what would you put in it? Not looking to launch it to the moon......but reliable 6s electronics.....economical but solid......I don’t know squat about what is good/ bad or otherwise
MMX8S is my favorite ESC but that might be more than you’re looking for. If so, a MAX8 would be a sensible but reliable option. Pair it with a stock 2050kv motor.

MMX8S is my favorite ESC but that might be more than you’re looking for. If so, a MAX8 would be a sensible but reliable option. Pair it with a stock 2050kv motor.
Thank you sir.....that helps.....rather ask you than someone at the hobby store....

Is there an advantage of having an 8S capable ESC for running only 6S, as opposed to maybe a regular MMX that only goes up to 6S? Perhaps cooler ESC temps? I'm keen to find out about any theoretical or practical benefits of the unused extra overhead on the ESC max voltage. The 8S version seems to be slightly bigger, slightly heavier, and slightly more expensive than the 6S version of the MMX.

After my investigation of the matter, my response , in layman’s terms, is that the recommended esc from jondilly would allow more overhead , more allowance, more variables and choices for motor and battery decisions. A 6s rated esc would be, more than likely, fine.... Depends on the intention of the builder and what else is being used in the vehicle ....
A little too big an esc is ok, a little too small may constrain the capability of the other components, as it , as the name implies, controls the speed, being placed between the battery and the motor. To a degree, the bigger an esc, the better.....again, to a degree......

I guess that’s what I have concluded from my beginner level research.....there is a lot of good advice on this site, from a lot of guys who REALLY know their stuff....hopefully what I said is actually true from their perspective, and was helpful for you.

Is there an advantage of having an 8S capable ESC for running only 6S, as opposed to maybe a regular MMX that only goes up to 6S? Perhaps cooler ESC temps? I'm keen to find out about any theoretical or practical benefits of the unused extra overhead on the ESC max voltage. The 8S version seems to be slightly bigger, slightly heavier, and slightly more expensive than the 6S version of the MMX.
My thought is to buy more than I need and things will last longer. This is not an absolute rule or anything. Things break. But if I buy better parts, maybe they will hold up to the abuse I impose on them.

My thought is to buy more than I need and things will last longer. This is not an absolute rule or anything. Things break. But if I buy better parts, maybe they will hold up to the abuse I impose on them.
thanks for joining in jondilly....

If you're looking into the Spektrum Smart stuff at all, definitely look into the smart batteries, and their smart charger. you can see the every cell in each battery, how many times its been over charged, over temped, over drained. You can set it to self storage charge, see how many cycles its had total... a TON of info and cool setting you don't get with any other battery that I know of.
And the 3s batteries are $60/$75/$85 for 30c/50c/100c respectively, which isn't bad considering whatcha get.
Are they the most powerful? Nah. But are they good batteries that keep you in the know, especially with the full smart kit, hell yeah.

As for ESC/Motor combos and going 6s (E/M combo) with 6s batteries VS 8s (E/M combo) with 6s is basically like said in some posts above, more head room. think of it like this(I hope this works ? ? )... if you're in a real (1/1) car rated for 60MPH and you're doing 55MPH you're pretty much tapped out running as hard as you can to get that 55MPH, which is really hard on the car and its parts. However if you're in a 80MPH car running at 60 MPH you have 20 more MPH of over head. Which means cooler temps and less wear and tear on your ESC and Motor. 6s system on 6s is a sprint, 6s on an 8s system is a jog.

If you're looking into the Spektrum Smart stuff at all, definitely look into the smart batteries, and their smart charger. you can see the every cell in each battery, how many times its been over charged, over temped, over drained. You can set it to self storage charge, see how many cycles its had total... a TON of info and cool setting you don't get with any other battery that I know of.
And the 3s batteries are $60/$75/$85 for 30c/50c/100c respectively, which isn't bad considering whatcha get.
Are they the most powerful? Nah. But are they good batteries that keep you in the know, especially with the full smart kit, hell yeah.

As for ESC/Motor combos and going 6s (E/M combo) with 6s batteries VS 8s (E/M combo) with 6s is basically like said in some posts above, more head room. think of it like this(I hope this works ? ? )... if you're in a real (1/1) car rated for 60MPH and you're doing 55MPH you're pretty much tapped out running as hard as you can to get that 55MPH, which is really hard on the car and its parts. However if you're in a 80MPH car running at 60 MPH you have 20 more MPH of over head. Which means cooler temps and less wear and tear on your ESC and Motor. 6s system on 6s is a sprint, 6s on an 8s system is a jog.
Good analogy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back