Motor Bearing size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke66

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vendetta
ive got two motors that ive blown the bearings off of. im wondering what the bearing sizes are for the spektrum 3200kv motor (from a Typhon 3s) and a hobbywing max10 4000kv motor. if you need to see any pics of the motors i could upload some.

Here is how I get my sizes.
Go to Jim's Bearings and look up your motor. He has them all posted.
Screenshot_20230821_174130_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230821_174212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
ive got two motors that ive blown the bearings off of. im wondering what the bearing sizes are for the spektrum 3200kv motor (from a Typhon 3s) and a hobbywing max10 4000kv motor. if you need to see any pics of the motors i could upload some.
Might have more trouble then it's worth. I'm willing to bet the outer ring on the bearing is still stuck in the recess. Very difficult to get out once the bearing is blown apart.

Might have more trouble then it's worth. I'm willing to bet the outer ring on the bearing is still stuck in the recess. Very difficult to get out once the bearing is blown apart.
i got the rings out.
Here is how I get my sizes.
Go to Jim's Bearings and look up your motor. He has them all posted.
View attachment 318424View attachment 318425
if ive said it once ill say it again. thanks.

my brother really wanted you to know he is thankful. (the ezrun motor is his)

Last edited:
Yeah if you never clean out and maintain the motor and its BB's it will crap on you with exploded BB's. (n)Preventive maintenance is key. A drop of Oil on cleaned out Motor BB's extends their life also. And by doing this regularly, you can observe sloppy worn out BB's and remove/replace them BEFORE they Explode.
I run Ceramic BB's when I do replace them. Just in all my motors and not in the drivetrain. BLX motors can last for years and years this way. Your mileage will vary.
Otherwise just plan on buying motors needlessly and frequently.:cool:

You are better than me sir... I chucked the first motor and drilled 2 small holes in the second one to get the bearing ring out.
Next time stick it in a freezer overnight. Ring should fall out on its own.
Yeah if you never clean out and maintain the motor and its BB's it will crap on you with exploded BB's. (n)Preventive maintenance is key. A drop of Oil on cleaned out Motor BB's extends their life also. And by doing this regularly, you can observe sloppy worn out BB's and remove/replace them BEFORE they Explode.
I run Ceramic BB's when I do replace them. Just in all my motors and not in the drivetrain. BLX motors can last for years and years this way. Your mileage will vary.
Me too. I've grown fond of Acer Racings ceramic ball bearings. High quality that needs little to no maintenance. Currently only use them in my motors as they are not cheap.

Me too. I've grown fond of Acer Racings ceramic ball bearings. High quality that needs little to no maintenance. Currently only use them in my motors as they are not cheap.
Good tip. Any new 3s I get has the stock front bearing swapped out right away

Been following this because I had some questions too. Where do you get the ceramic bearings?

Have a number of BLX motors in the family. The Pawnshop Big Rock's motor had a bad bearing on the shaft side. Just sloppy, not blown up. I bought a new one from Jenny's for a couple of reasons. One, to get it up and running properly. Two, to try my hand at rebuilding one and three, to have a spare. Figured it was cheaper to maintain and/or rebuild what we have. Am I wrong?

Been following this because I had some questions too. Where do you get the ceramic bearings?

Have a number of BLX motors in the family. The Pawnshop Big Rock's motor had a bad bearing on the shaft side. Just sloppy, not blown up. I bought a new one from Jenny's for a couple of reasons. One, to get it up and running properly. Two, to try my hand at rebuilding one and three, to have a spare. Figured it was cheaper to maintain and/or rebuild what we have. Am I wrong?
Nope. It's is far cheaper to maintain or rebuild. Many people trash perfectly fine motors simply because the bearings are shot. And you can buy it for a fraction of its price. As for bearing types, it's all about preference. Ceramic isn't necessary. But it is a good option for motor bearings because they spin faster, can run hotter, and really don't need much maintenance(compared to steel ball bearings).
Fast Eddy, Jim's Bearings, Acer Racing are just three I can name right off the bat here. All have online stores. Acer can be found on Ebay/Amazon too but you will get better deals ordering directly from their site. When ordering, pay attention to the ABEC ratings. The higher the number, the more precise the bearings with measurements. Abec 1/3/5 may be loose fittings and not give a bearings full potential. You want 7/9. 11's can be too firm fitting making installtion a tad difficult, just based on my own experience and not worth the extra cost over 7 and 9.

Nope. It's is far cheaper to maintain or rebuild. Many people trash perfectly fine motors simply because the bearings are shot. And you can buy it for a fraction of its price. As for bearing types, it's all about preference. Ceramic isn't necessary. But it is a good option for motor bearings because they spin faster, can run hotter, and really don't need much maintenance(compared to steel ball bearings).
Fast Eddy, Jim's Bearings, Acer Racing are just three I can name right off the bat here. All have online stores. Acer can be found on Ebay/Amazon too but you will get better deals ordering directly from their site. When ordering, pay attention to the ABEC ratings. The higher the number, the more precise the bearings with measurements. Abec 1/3/5 may be loose fittings and not give a bearings full potential. You want 7/9. 11's can be too firm fitting making installtion a tad difficult, just based on my own experience and not worth the extra cost over 7 and 9.
Thank you,

Jims and TRBRC Ceramics are a bit less $$. But whichever Ceram's you choose, you will be way ahead of the curve. Money well spent for Ceramics in Motors.
But $80.00 + a set for Cerams for the whole rig's chassis is not worth it, just for Bashing. They don't really last any longer than standard Chromium ones. And still require the same maintenance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back