Spektrum 3800kv bearing size???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Load81

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Typhon Mega
  4. Vendetta
The 5x13x4 do not fit....spmxsm2900 is model number

Welcome to the forum!
I've read that If they are both the same size, then they are both 5x13x4. If one is bigger, then one is 5x16x5 and the other is 5x13x4.
think them sizes are for the 2050kv motor. don't if they are the same size for the 3800kv though

Should be 5 x 13 x 4. The older BLX versions had the one larger bearing. If you are having trouble fitting the bearing....join the club. I keep all motor bearings in the freezer so they can shrink very slightly. Helps dropping them in. Some people will also heat up the motor can on the end to expand the size. I usually go through 2-3 bearings each time to replace 1. There are also multiple 4 letter words that go along with that process. Good luck!

The 5x13x4 definitely fits in the back of motor...But the front looks smaller and when I drop the bearing in then you can see no way its gonna fit...Is there a way to get the front off??? I cannot find details of this motors internals anywhere its actually from a Losi Baja Rey...I had to get it blazing hot and beat it with a hammer to get the shattered bearing out...Its really testing me I don't have money to just throw it out and get a new one...

IMG_2199.JPG

I feared the silver part was the outer race still in there...Cause when I drop the larger 5x16x5mm bearing that came with the TRB kit in it looks like a perfect fit without that ring...I have no idea how the outer race is going to come out tho...I got it very hot and really pounded it to get what I did out :(

You can try heating the part up a bit and see if it’ll release the sleeve that’s stuck in there, may be your only option sans getting a new motor. Which Rcjuice is having a massive sale on btw, might be worth looking at.

think them sizes are for the 2050kv motor. don't if they are the same size for the 3800kv though
+!
The 3800kv BB's are different.
Jims Bearings has a breakdown by motor and BB size. Check there for the 3800 kv motor. 36mm Diameter Can Arrma motors generally are all the same. Both BB's usually the same size as well.

+!
The 3800kv BB's are different.
Jims Bearings has a breakdown by motor and BB size. Check there for the 3800 kv motor. 36mm Diameter Can Arrma motors generally are all the same. Both BB's usually the same size as well.
I checked there first before posting then all over looking for info on this motor...Couldn't find any its strange

You can try heating the part up a bit and see if it’ll release the sleeve that’s stuck in there, may be your only option sans getting a new motor. Which Rcjuice is having a massive sale on btw, might be worth looking at.
Yeah I heated it up a few times to get the pieces I did get out...Just tried again with torch then soldering iron...Not budging at all

I've used a pick to remove some on a similar situation. Go through the outside hole going inward and try to get the pick between the race and case and tap the pick with a hammer. Try to get the race to go into the motor obviously. Moving around after a few taps to keep things square. If it doesn't stay square it will never budge.
Talking of a mechanics pick, small.

Its hard to explain, do you get what im trying to say? Maybe that and heat the case a bit.

An angled pick tool helps. Some penetrant might also assist there. Try placing in the freezer for 5 min. Then remove and hit the outer edge of the endbell only with a mini Torch for a very short bit. , The alloy will heat up and expand quicker than the stuck Steel race and would come out easier. In theory. Worth a try at this point. Do it several times and you may get lucky.
Try not to mangle up the endbel if possible.

>>>You just might have to replace that motor. You didn't replace the old BB's much sooner before they exploded.
You don't wait for them to fail, before you decide to replace them. Regular preventative maintenance/cleaning/lubing them would have prevented this. Because you can see when a BB is much too worn and sloppy to continue using, and needs replacing way before they explode, otherwise, the remaining outer races get stuck. Been there.
Also, replacing them before they explode, prevents the Armature/rotor from getting Bricked in the process, also needing a new motor.
Regular lubing of the BB's keeps them in the best shape. When they get dry/never been serviced, Motor BB's will always explode like this. Even out the box new, these motors have No lube in them. It's why they tend to fail much sooner than later. Running in water also ruins Chromium BB's quickly. They rust out so fast. Well lubed or not.
I open my brand New motors and lube the BB's.
Even my Replacement BB's get lubed out the gate. Synthetic oils are best.
I place some oil or grease on the Endbel or outer edges of the BB's, before installing/pressing in the New BB's, This keeps the BB's from seizing to the endbel. The Alloy endbel, despite being Anodized, and the chromium steel BB's are disimilar metals and can corrode to each other. Doing this allows for easier removal when the need arises.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Thinkin out loud--drill 2 small holes 180 deg. apart from the outside exactly over the race. Then, using a pin or ? that fits loosely in the holes, tap in each side , back and forth, till it pops out. The new brg. will cover the holes.

If you sat a new bearing on the endbell you could mark exactly where the old race is and know precisely where to drill 🤔 I like the way you think 😂

Thanks all I will try some of these ideas and report back when I get some time after work...Honestly it is my own fault that's why I didn't go complaining to Horizon lol...There was a heavy rain here and after it slowed down we went down the bash spot...There was a huge puddle in the landing zone of mound of sand we jump off...I know water+sand=bearings worst nightmare...But it was too fun hitting the jump trying to clear the puddle haha

Yeah BB's, especially the OE ones don't last worth a dam. The trick is to replace them, from the start or replace them very early. Once they explode you are sucking wind to remove the outer race. The "Bread Trick will only work best on an old BB that is still in one piece.

>>>Technically the Bread trick will still work if you get creative with that remaining "outer race" there. Just need a proper diameter tool/Punch to press the bread into and behind that remaining outer race. It can be done if you get creative.
I always try not to butcher up that endbel. I have however. Been there. BLX motors can last for so many years, if you always replace the BB's regularly, before they explode. Just a simple fact.
BB's are cheap. Motors are far from cheap..

Last edited:
Got it...Tried everything on youtube and the suggestions here and other threads for over a week...Figured as a last ditch effort before buying a new motor ill do what oldguywnewtoy suggested and drill a small hole and punch it out...After a few hits it popped out...Thanks so much motor is running again

Got it...Tried everything on youtube and the suggestions here and other threads for over a week...Figured as a last ditch effort before buying a new motor ill do what oldguywnewtoy suggested and drill a small hole and punch it out...After a few hits it popped out...Thanks so much motor is running again

Glad it worked out! Thanks for reporting back on what worked for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back