Vendetta Motor cogging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I recently put a firma 130 amp ESC in and messed with the timing a little bit. I noticed cogging when wanting to takeoff hard from a standstill. Wondering if advancing or slowing the time mean it would make a difference? I am running the smaller 20 T pinion gear, so I know I’m not over geared. Thanks for your help.

Motor is the 3200kv? I'm certainly no expert on motor timing other than it seems to make the motor run a little on the hotter side. I would first check to make sure there is no added binding somewhere in the drivetrain. Are you running on 4s?

Motor is the 3200kv? I'm certainly no expert on motor timing other than it seems to make the motor run a little on the hotter side. I would first check to make sure there is no added binding somewhere in the drivetrain. Are you running on 4s?
It is the Arma vendetta which runs on 3800 KV3S battery

I recently put a firma 130 amp ESC in and messed with the timing a little bit. I noticed cogging when wanting to takeoff hard from a standstill. Wondering if advancing or slowing the time mean it would make a difference? I am running the smaller 20 T pinion gear, so I know I’m not over geared. Thanks for your help.
Nothing is going to be made exactly 100% the same. Manufacturers work within tolerances. Cogging on one motor is different than another. You will have to play with your timing -&+ till you find the spot where it’s got the least. Unsensored motors will cog even with lower gearing. It’s just very noticeable using a larger pinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back