Notorious MOTOR HEATSINK 4074 INSTALL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matschik2023

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, can someone explain to me whether the radiator has to be installed straight or slightly inclined and does the engine have to be removed for this, or is it enough to remove the side spoiler and take apart the engine wiring?

Regards Martin

That's classified information sir...

Orientation of sink doesn't matter, you'll need to slide the motor assembly from the center diff mount on a v5 to pry/slip on.

Hello, can someone explain to me whether the radiator has to be installed straight or slightly inclined and does the engine have to be removed for this, or is it enough to remove the side spoiler and take apart the engine wiring?

Regards Martin
I’m not trying to be an English/grammar Nazi here, but…
1. It’s not an engine, it’s a motor. Motors are electric. Engines are not.
2. It’s not a radiator (unless I somehow missed the fact that there’s a water cooled Notorious available) it’s a heat sink. Or just a simple fan mount. I would have excused the term “heat exchanger“ but I can’t let “radiator” stand.
Orientation does not matter as long as the fan, while mounted to the fan mount or heat sink, blows on the motor.
Welcome to the forum. I’m not always this grumpy…

Another question, if I reinstall the electric motor, do I have to readjust the gear spacing? Sorry i am a beginner...

Another question, if I reinstall the electric motor, do I have to readjust the gear spacing? Sorry i am a beginner...
Yes, always. The method I prefer uses a strip of paper in between the gears. It’s very easy, just insert a strip of paper in between the pinion and spur gears, slide the motor over to mesh, and tighten the motor mount. You should be able to pull the strip of paper out without ripping it. That gives slight play between the gears. Afterward, move the spur back and forth and you should hear clicking on the pinion to insure there is a little play. There are some good YouTube videos of this method. Don’t forget to use a small amount of blue loctite on the motor mount screws.
This is a decent video that explains a couple of methods.

Last edited:
Ok, many thanks!
Does loctite have to be on all screws? I mean the 2 upper ones in figure 1 and the 2 vertical ones in figure 6?

20230816_155341.jpg

20230816_155350.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back