Typhon Typhon TLR 6s: mount/install MM8xs ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi all
I have a Typhon TLR and I was thinking about installing a castle mamba X 8s into it.
However first thing will it fit? And if so what’s best way to secure it in?

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

IMG_6688.jpeg

IMG_6687.jpeg

IMG_6686.jpeg

I’m sure there’s a way. It might be more difficult with the factory layout, though. I remember people using an angled ESC mount from eBay, and I think I remember people mounting the ESC on its side. I can’t speak to whether the lid fits back on then. I moved the battery to the other side, relocated the receiver box, and flipped the motor mounts on all my Typhons but one so the motor is on the left front instead of the right rear. Mine are GT chassis’s though, so I have a little more room for a bigger ESC.

Is this for speed running or bashing/hooning?

It fits fine in the stock layout. You just have to cut the lip on the ESC tray to make it flat. Picture below.

I use gorilla tape to secure my ESCs and have never had one come loose. You can also wrap a zip tie around it when you're done.

1703089484304.png

@dure16 Can I screw mmx8s onto the stock plate once I’ve removed the lip?

It’s for bashing
No. The MMX8S doesn’t have mounting screw holes. You have to use gorilla tape, but it’s no problem because it holds up fine to bashing.
Look for the 4th dimension MMX8s mount. It cradles the MMX8s and mounts to the factory esc plate. Sometimes it says he doesn’t have them in stock, but if you email him he will make another for you.

Here

https://www.4thdimensionrc.com/prod...unt-arrma-6s-blx-kraton-mojave-outcast-typhon
Looks like he did a great job with that design.

No. The MMX8S doesn’t have mounting screw holes. You have to use gorilla tape, but it’s no problem because it holds up fine to bashing.

Looks like he did a great job with that design.

I’ve got one in my Kraton XL. Works pretty nice, I double sided taped it down as well as using screws to mount it to the factory esc plate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back