Typhon Motor Running Drive Shaft not turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1
Yea I had mentioned the slipper clutch also..:unsure:
I only ended up here on this old thread because he posted here....:giggle:

+1
Yea I had mentioned the slipper clutch also..:unsure:
I only ended up here on this old thread because he posted here....:giggle:
The dude the pulled you in (😂) said he has a redcat blackout. I’ve no idea if those have a slipper…

16911847239983574196051051088311.jpg

Can you explain better what was tightened, then loosened again???
I can't send an image Bute it's a small hex screw next to the motor
Can you explain better what was tightened, then loosened again???
I cant send a picture but it's a little hex screw right next to the motor

Last edited:
View attachment 315332

I can't send an image Bute it's a small hex screw next to the motor

I cant send a picture but it's a little hex screw right next to the motor
The grub screw that holds on the drive cup? (The one that doesn’t have a ‘head’) those need locktite to stay put.

I'm very confused
So am I. First, it’s not an Arrma, which is what I know. Second, you have to either know the name of the screw to point it out (grub, button head, socket), or circle it in the picture that you post.

So am I. First, it’s not an Arrma, which is what I know. Second, you have to either know the name of the screw to point it out (grub, button head, socket), or circle

So am I. First, it’s not an Arrma, which is what I know. Second, you have to either know the name of the screw to point it out (grub, button head, socket), or circle it in the picture that you post.
The locking hex bolt I think. Sorry I'm super new to this

The locking hex bolt I think. Sorry I'm super new to this
Pretty sure you’re referring to the grub screw. It secures the drive cup to the motor shaft, then the drive shaft fits into the drive cup and connects to the front differential. At the minimum, the grub screw and the hole it goes in need to be cleaned well with alcohol and then put a small drop of locktite on the grub when you reinstall it.

It’s fine being new, but you’re going to have to learn quick because these things are not low maintenance. Go to the redcat site and see if you can find an ‘exploded view’ which will tell you the parts names. Or Google it. I know nothing about them so can’t help much, aside from some general similarities.

Pretty sure you’re referring to the grub screw. It secures the drive cup to the motor shaft, then the drive shaft fits into the drive cup and connects to the front differential. At the minimum, the grub screw and the hole it goes in need to be cleaned well with alcohol and then put a small drop of locktite on the grub when you reinstall it.

It’s fine being new, but you’re going to have to learn quick because these things are not low maintenance. Go to the redcat site and see if you can find an ‘exploded view’ which will tell you the parts names. Or Google it. I know nothing about them so can’t help much, aside from some general similarities.
Ok thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back