Motor Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alejo90

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Looking for a 3D file to get a 3d printed engine support for my 3s big rock if anyone has one could be appreciated or point me in the direction

Last edited:
I've been seeing those pop up everywhere. I'm curious as to whether they actually work or is it just another gimmick?
I have one of the 6s printed motor supports on my Notorious from that link above, that sellers store. It works ok. It fits really snug & doesn't move. It has a hole to screw it down but I didn't do that, mine just is snapped under the motor & looks cool & it's functional

A pic

Screenshot_20240105_063016_Gallery.jpg

The scoops are worthless though. Just cool looking. Just pulls dirt all in the fans. Support does its job

The scoops are worthless though. Just cool looking. Just pulls dirt all in the fans. Support does its job
And that's an old photo. I took the scoops off & have reg shrouds

They help prevent the motor mount from bending
Yeah I get that part. However, I've learned that for every part strengthened, you create a weak spot somewhere. Personally I use foam/rubber shelf padding tucked under my motors.and get a 50/50 between it bending and flexing. Then again I'm not a "jumper" with my RCs so I can see a benefit in totally eliminating flex for those hard landings.
Use some fine meshed stainless steel screenings. Not window mesh, this one came from an eavestrough cover:
20220806_125244.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I get that part. However, I've learned that for every part strengthened, you create a weak spot somewhere. Personally I use foam/rubber shelf padding tucked under my motors.and get a 50/50 between it bending and flexing. Then again I'm not a "jumper" with my RCs so I can see a benefit in totally eliminating flex for those hard landings.

Use some fine meshed stainless steel screenings. Not window mesh, this one came from an eavestrough cover:
View attachment 340972
That looks awesome! Ive thought of using K&N pre-filter there. I have one left over from a car filter.
I'm building a K6 slider. 4282 can. I'm gonna use Buna O-rings around the motor to support it against the chassis.

Looking for a 3D file to get a 3d printed engine support for my 3s big rock if anyone has one could be appreciated or point me in the direction
Welcome!

I do not have a 3D printer (issue for me), and I have found thick O-rings have done a great job for me over the end of the motor. Finding the right size is tricky so I invested in an o-ring kit. Pic is of a 6S, but you can do the same for a 3S motor.

Oring kit, example can find on Amazon, ebay, all over
https://www.harborfreight.com/382-piece-o-ring-assortment-67554.html

1704490988797.png

I could love to get the help from one of you guys but I'm assuming most of ya are in the states I'm locates in Canada hhehe
Whereabouts? Locally we have one of these and I know guys who have used them with no complaints.
https://www.i3dstore.ca/
Also,hit up FB Market. There are always ads for 3d printing but how good they are is anyone's guess.

Whereabouts? Locally we have one of these and I know guys who have used them with no complaints.
https://www.i3dstore.ca/
Also,hit up FB Market. There are always ads for 3d printing but how good they are is anyone's guess.
I did find someone in Facebook market to do the small part and not a bad deal 2 supports for 30 🙌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back