Typhon Mugen B0766 shimset - perfect wheel wobble fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neelis

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I was looking into fixing the wheel wobble of my Typhon 3S, found some videos on YouTube, but that did not give me any satisfying results.

Started to look into the problem and possible fixes myself.

On my Typhon there is space between the outer bearing and the wheel hex, is about 0.2mm, using a feelergauge to check that.

If you would find 6x8 washer with a thickness range of 0.1 to 0.3mm I would have a perfect fix for the wheel wobble and what I found was the Mugen B0766 shim set. 6x8mm in thicknesses of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3mm, 10 of each thickness. Happy days.

20231005_201152.jpg

I started with a 0.3mm shim between the bearing and the wheel hex and I could slide the pin back in with ease. Added a 0.1mm washer and I had to force to pin in.
0.3mm it is.

Went around the car, 2x 0.2mm and 2x 0.3mm did the trick and the wheel wobble was minimalized and the bearings run smoothly.
Again, happy days.

0.3 shim in place
20231005_201203.jpg

Hope this helps other to get rid of the wheel wobble.

Maybe worth a sticky?

I had to look up feeler gauge, I thought it was a joke about using your finger as a feeler to guesstimate the measurement lol
Women know all about a feeler gauge.just ask them.😁👍 This method helps us choose our life time partner.our wifes☝️

Women know all about a feeler gauge.just ask them.😁👍 This method helps us choose our life time partner.our wifes☝️
Just an FYI.... It all depends on the shim kit needed if kids have passed through!!!!🤣🤣😂🤪🤪🤪 Mike

Just an FYI.... It all depends on the shim kit needed if kids have passed through!!!!🤣🤣😂🤪🤪🤪 Mike
Omg geez . didn't think of that one hahahah.good one 😁👍 .I suppose some out there need a inner wheel foam insert 🤔 .that should keep things nice and tight🤣🤣

I usually use a fist when sussing out a mate I can breed all night.

I was looking into fixing the wheel wobble of my Typhon 3S, found some videos on YouTube, but that did not give me any satisfying results.

Started to look into the problem and possible fixes myself.

On my Typhon there is space between the outer bearing and the wheel hex, is about 0.2mm, using a feelergauge to check that.

If you would find 6x8 washer with a thickness range of 0.1 to 0.3mm I would have a perfect fix for the wheel wobble and what I found was the Mugen B0766 shim set. 6x8mm in thicknesses of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3mm, 10 of each thickness. Happy days.

View attachment 325416

I started with a 0.3mm shim between the bearing and the wheel hex and I could slide the pin back in with ease. Added a 0.1mm washer and I had to force to pin in.
0.3mm it is.

Went around the car, 2x 0.2mm and 2x 0.3mm did the trick and the wheel wobble was minimalized and the bearings run smoothly.
Again, happy days.

0.3 shim in place
View attachment 325417

Hope this helps other to get rid of the wheel wobble.

Maybe worth a sticky?
Can we see your rig? This way we know for sure it's for the 3s line ..thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back