Big Rock Wheel Wobble fixes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the tools are a bit expensive for what they are but they work nice. If I had a 3d printer I would have just made my own for sure.

If you shop around you can find the clay for pretty cheap. I bought that lb of clay I linked. I've done around a dozen sets of tires with it ranging from 1/10 scale buggy all the way up to the Fireteam tires and I've hardly put a dent in it.

Your local hobby store should have the Traxxas turnbuckles and Amazon should as well. Traxxas 3643 is the part number that you want you need 3 pairs. I would also suggest a 5mm turnbuckle wrench.

I'm confused about that. The steering links are not the same length as the camber links on my v3 big rock. I can take a pic when I'm done out here in the shop.

Yeah the tools are a bit expensive for what they are but they work nice. If I had a 3d printer I would have just made my own for sure.

If you shop around you can find the clay for pretty cheap. I bought that lb of clay I linked. I've done around a dozen sets of tires with it ranging from 1/10 scale buggy all the way up to the Fireteam tires and I've hardly put a dent in it.

Your local hobby store should have the Traxxas turnbuckles and Amazon should as well. Traxxas 3643 is the part number that you want you need 3 pairs. I would also suggest a 5mm turnbuckle wrench.
https://www.amazon.com/Creality-End...8110&sprefix=ender+3+v3+,aps,1126&sr=8-3&th=1
best one you could get highly recomend

I'm confused about that. The steering links are not the same length as the camber links on my v3 big rock. I can take a pic when I'm done out here in the shop.

I swear I remembered using 3 of those on my Typhon 🤷‍♂️ it's been a while since I bought them. I'll have to check when I get home. I'm currently selling my body and it will be about 20 minutes before I get home.
I was asking about 3d printers in another thread and I got recommended a few different brands.

What is the difference between the SE and the V2 ender?

The v2 is the older model and it is slower and less reliable no auto-leveling and the v3 is fast af cheap and insanely beginner friendly
I swear I remembered using 3 of those on my Typhon 🤷‍♂️ it's been a while since I bought them. I'll have to check when I get home. I'm currently selling my body and it will be about 20 minutes before I get home.

I was asking about 3d printers in another thread and I got recommended a few different brands.

What is the difference between the SE and the V2 ender?
the v2 needs some upgrades to make it better out of the box the v3 maybe needs a better build plate like a $15-$20 PEI Sheet off of amazon and its mint
Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 3.30.56 PM.png

this a good price

Last edited:

So the camber links are the same (bottom) but the steering is shorter (top).
So you need 2x the front camber link from slash and 1x rear (rear is shorter on slash)

20231107_173451.jpg

The v2 is the older model and it is slower and less reliable no auto-leveling and the v3 is fast af cheap and insanely beginner friendly

the v2 needs some upgrades to make it better out of the box the v3 maybe needs a better build plate like a $15-$20 PEI Sheet off of amazon and its mint
View attachment 330680
this a good price

There is a V3 now?
What you want is
2x 5539 (58mm) for camber links
1x 3644 (39mm) for steering links

Oh now I see why they are different I completely forgot the turnbuckles have shorter rod ends than the camber links.

The factory turnbuckles and camber links on the Big Rock Crew Cab and Typhon are AR330542 https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/steel-turnbuckle-m4-x-48mm-black-2/ARA330542.html which are 48mm. I used the Arrma rod ends with Hot Racing balls not the Traxxas ones so that is why the turnbuckles I posted above worked for me. So if you are going to use the Traxxas rod ends those probably won't work for you. I wish I could remember the part number for the Team Associated pivot balls that fit on the Arrma rod ends.

1699409115573.png

1699409313795.jpeg

Last edited:
Associated RC8B3.1 Turnbuckle Balls, shouldered ASC81398

Found them!

Edit- totally didn't realize I posted this in the wrong thread.. oops.. 😬

Posted the info for the Associated pivot balls in the wrong thread.

These will work with the stock links/rod ends and are the absolute best option probably. Think they're like $15 for a set of 6 so you'd need 2 sets unfortunately.

yea
There is a V3 now?

Oh now I see why they are different I completely forgot the turnbuckles have shorter rod ends than the camber links.

The factory turnbuckles and camber links on the Big Rock Crew Cab and Typhon are AR330542 https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/steel-turnbuckle-m4-x-48mm-black-2/ARA330542.html which are 48mm. I used the Arrma rod ends with Hot Racing balls not the Traxxas ones so that is why the turnbuckles I posted above worked for me. So if you are going to use the Traxxas rod ends those probably won't work for you. I wish I could remember the part number for the Team Associated pivot balls that fit on the Arrma rod ends.

View attachment 330699

View attachment 330707
yep there is the v3

yea

yep there is the v3
Oh I think I meant V3 vs the SE not the V2.

Posted the info for the Associated pivot balls in the wrong thread.

These will work with the stock links/rod ends and are the absolute best option probably. Think they're like $15 for a set of 6 so you'd need 2 sets unfortunately.

I don't remember them being that expensive dang.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back