My Big Rock V3 3s is loosing power after a couple of minutes driving it. Can someone help steer me in the right direction on fixing this problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrizzle69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Nero
My Big Rock V3 3s now is losing full power after a couple passes which is about 50 to 100' one way. Something in the esc is kicking on giving the truck less power than 50% like if my battery is getting low and has enough juice to drive it back to my house. I recently removed the BLX 100A ESC and installed the Firrma Smart 100A ESC to have the telemetry readings and update the ESC when available. I also took out the stock steering servo and put in the BETU 36Kg Coreless Servo Motor, HV 8.4V High Torque and High Speed RC Servo, Waterproof Servo with Stainless Steel Gear and 25T Servo Horn(270°). I didn't know what I was buying I just knew it was stronger. I read online that the servo binding up will cause the esc to overheat. Now I went the cheap route and bought the Arrma plastic 25T red servo savor and I don't know if the torque the servo has and being plastic on metal if it's binding up inside the servo savor? I also read that the LVC cut off is set real high on the new esc? I've also installed a 20T pinion gear as well. So my question is where should I start. I don't know if it's overheating, if the servo is the problem or it's in the settings of the ESC. Can someone that has more experience than myself steer me in the right direction to fix this problem so I can enjoy this expensive toy I've got. Thanks for any advice on fixing my truck.

My Big Rock V3 3s now is losing full power after a couple passes which is about 50 to 100' one way. Something in the esc is kicking on giving the truck less power than 50% like if my battery is getting low and has enough juice to drive it back to my house. I recently removed the BLX 100A ESC and installed the Firrma Smart 100A ESC to have the telemetry readings and update the ESC when available. I also took out the stock steering servo and put in the BETU 36Kg Coreless Servo Motor, HV 8.4V High Torque and High Speed RC Servo, Waterproof Servo with Stainless Steel Gear and 25T Servo Horn(270°). I didn't know what I was buying I just knew it was stronger. I read online that the servo binding up will cause the esc to overheat. Now I went the cheap route and bought the Arrma plastic 25T red servo savor and I don't know if the torque the servo has and being plastic on metal if it's binding up inside the servo savor? I also read that the LVC cut off is set real high on the new esc? I've also installed a 20T pinion gear as well. So my question is where should I start. I don't know if it's overheating, if the servo is the problem or it's in the settings of the ESC. Can someone that has more experience than myself steer me in the right direction to fix this problem so I can enjoy this expensive toy I've got. Thanks for any advice on fixing my truck.
First I suggest you buy a temp gun. You need to find out what's over heating.i bet it's that 20t pinnion.drop down to 18 and take it from there checking your temps.and a 25 kg servo is really all you need not 35

It could also be low “C” rated batteries. They can produce enough voltage sag under load to trip the LVC even if they’re not yet depleted. What do the blinking lights say on the ESC when this happens? That will tell you what’s going on.
In regard to the servo, it will be critical to properly set your endpoints. Surface vehicles only require a 180° servo. Even then you have to set up your endpoints, but if you put in a 36kg 270° servo and if it’s trying to twist itself around you’ll have serious problems with your steering linkages, increase risk of servo damage, and could cause ESC brownouts, which could also be part of your issue.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s a good idea to learn your error beeps. I wound up taking a screenshot of my castle manual error beep section so I know what’s going on in the field.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back