Grom My Completed Grom. For now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So I did the best I could with wire management, there’s a lot of wires and cables in a very small truck. I installed some HR Mini T rear shocks all around, used 50wt. oil in them. The suspension is excellent with this setup. Money well spent.

The motor came with stupid long leads, so I shortened them up. Tried to stagger the lengths to make wire routing easier, but got the lengths backwards. 🤦‍♂️ I’ll fix that later.
IMG_1498.jpeg
IMG_1499.jpeg

I shortened the servo lead to make it much neater, there’s very little room in this truck to put even the neatest bundle of cabling without it looking super janky.
IMG_1500.jpeg

I had to install the BEC unit, due to not being able to swap it out with Castle because some idiot modified the wiring….😳
I shortened up pretty much that whole setups wiring, and I plan to install an ic2 plug between the ESC and BEC later when I pick a set up.
IMG_1501.jpeg

IMG_1502.jpeg

IMG_1503.jpeg

IMG_1504.jpeg

IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

I’m going to be honest, I’m just not 100% happy with how this one came out. I like the body, I like the components I used (except the BEC), but I’m not happy with the fit and finish. I’ll likely hit the machine shop at work and make some things to neaten it up a bit, and hopefully I’ll be happier with it.

Performance is a bit….. well….. psychotic. This thing is insane. I have decided to never run it inside the apartment again if that gives you any idea. I’ll try to video my first outdoor run. I’ll see how that goes, and maybe I’ll order a 3s battery. ✌🏻

You know I just took mine around the back yard in the dark because I added a little LED strip to the front of the body and came in and found myself saying I need another one. Here you have 3, guess Ill have to make a trip to the store to get another in the next few days.

You know I just took mine around the back yard in the dark because I added a little LED strip to the front of the body and came in and found myself saying I need another one. Here you have 3, guess Ill have to make a trip to the store to get another in the next few days.
Yep, these things tend to multiply. I’m going to get a fourth to build a speed run Grom lol.

Debating going with the castle combo you have but I've also been eyeing up a rocket 380 combo with the HW 10BL60 ESC. I think the CC Combo will be better for "bashing" in this case.
View attachment 335616
Looks like a really nice motor.

So I did the best I could with wire management, there’s a lot of wires and cables in a very small truck. I installed some HR Mini T rear shocks all around, used 50wt. oil in them. The suspension is excellent with this setup. Money well spent.

The motor came with stupid long leads, so I shortened them up. Tried to stagger the lengths to make wire routing easier, but got the lengths backwards. 🤦‍♂️ I’ll fix that later. View attachment 335596View attachment 335597

I shortened the servo lead to make it much neater, there’s very little room in this truck to put even the neatest bundle of cabling without it looking super janky. View attachment 335598

I had to install the BEC unit, due to not being able to swap it out with Castle because some idiot modified the wiring….😳
I shortened up pretty much that whole setups wiring, and I plan to install an ic2 plug between the ESC and BEC later when I pick a set up. View attachment 335600
View attachment 335601
View attachment 335602
View attachment 335603
View attachment 335604
View attachment 335605

I’m going to be honest, I’m just not 100% happy with how this one came out. I like the body, I like the components I used (except the BEC), but I’m not happy with the fit and finish. I’ll likely hit the machine shop at work and make some things to neaten it up a bit, and hopefully I’ll be happier with it.

Performance is a bit….. well….. psychotic. This thing is insane. I have decided to never run it inside the apartment again if that gives you any idea. I’ll try to video my first outdoor run. I’ll see how that goes, and maybe I’ll order a 3s battery. ✌🏻
Does that motor say 6350kv?!? And you’re going to be running 3s? You’re a madman! 😂. Great looking build though, makes me want one!

Does that motor say 6350kv?!? And you’re going to be running 3s? You’re a madman! 😂. Great looking build though, makes me want one!
😬yep. I want to see how far a tiny truck can slide on its lid. Not that lid of course, that’s a shelf lid. This stock one will skid down the road like a flat rock across a pond. 🤣
IMG_1508.jpeg

And yes. You totally need one of these. They’re an absolute blast.

The motor came with stupid long leads, so I shortened them up. Tried to stagger the lengths to make wire routing easier, but got the lengths backwards. 🤦‍♂️ I’ll fix that later. View attachment 335596View attachment 335597

I shortened the servo lead to make it much neater, there’s very little room in this truck to put even the neatest bundle of cabling without it looking super janky. View attachment 335598

I shortened up pretty much that whole setups wiring, and I plan to install an ic2 plug between the ESC and BEC later when I pick a set up. View attachment 335600
View attachment 335601
View attachment 335602
View attachment 335603
View attachment 335604
View attachment 335605

Aww man you voided the warranty! 😆

Nice project!

I run my 8200kv castle mini b on 3s. I don't believe the max rpm limit on this motor. It loves it 🤣

Yall keep building these wild groms and I'm gonna have to join you. I like brutally over powered minis, they're the best! 😂

I run my 8200kv castle mini b on 3s. I don't believe the max rpm limit on this motor. It loves it 🤣

Yall keep building these wild groms and I'm gonna have to join you. I like brutally over powered minis, they're the best! 😂
Join us. You need this in your life. 😬

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back