Mojave My Mojave - Track Existence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxxamillion

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just sharing my new Mojave ownership as of November '21. I normally drive 1/10 scale crawlers, but have raced 1/10 & 1/8 nitros years ago.
This is my first go fast rc in a long time.
Nothing ground breaking with my RTR Mojave. Just a track adjusted truck vs a top speed r/c. ...Looking forward to it.
My bone stock Mojo is 100% capable, learning slides and not wagging the tail accelerating is where I'm at. ;)
I missed the house, the trees, but it has run off the edge of my drive lol.

I have M2C hubs in hand & Scorched inner fenders on their way...

Wisdom, shared pics and Mojave experience here! Bring it. ...An evolving thread.
Any one else run theirs on an r/c track? (vs bmx) A true rc track? I think it might do rather poorly... Hmmm
I have/am built/building my own track which is/will be more flowing than a organized track...

From new... Just the EXB body with red cage & red wheels.

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

The Mojo will probably not be good for any 1/10 track. It is simply too large at 1/7 scale .
In fact you might be hard pressed to find a 1/10 or even 1/8 track let you on the track trunning 6s. 4s is usually the limit. Depends what their rules are.
The Mojo has a wide turning radius. But give it a try if you find a track to use. Perhaps a large Oval track may work for the Mojave. IDK.
It has long legs and not refined enough for a confined technical track. Even 1/8 scale tracks.
My spin.:cool:

The Mojo will probably not be good for any 1/10 track. It is simply too large at 1/7 scale .
In fact you might be hard pressed to find a 1/10 or even 1/8 track let you on the track trunning 6s. 4s is usually the limit. Depends what their rules are.
The Mojo has a wide turning radius. But give it a try if you find a track to use. Perhaps a large Oval track may work for the Mojave. IDK.
It has long legs and not refined enough for a confined technical track. Even 1/8 scale tracks.
My spin.:cool:

Agreed SrC. The outdoor track I raced at, 1/10 & 1/8 shared the track. Then I went to an indoor shared 1/10 -1/8 track. It was very hard to run an 1/8 nitro indoors, at least for me. ...The Kyosho crowd was pretty good at it.
Maybe it was the Ofna 1/8 scale I had at the time lol (Blazer SST). I broke steering knuckles, and I drove miles... I couldn't stock enough Ofna parts at the time (broke young guy). So that ended pretty quick. Ran 1/10 nitro for 2-3 years.
As you say the 1/7 scale is huge for probably any real rc track, although some are better than others. Also I think I could run a track better on 4s than 6s (or 6s reduced to 75%). Throttle control has to be precise!

So que to my side lot and the track I have built. :cool: Normally a place I put yard trimmings lol. Mucho room to build...
I will do what I can over the winter! ...It already suits the Mojave well.

IMG_2004.jpg

I have the M2C 2mm wider hexes in hand but have not put them on.
I have very little tire to fender clearance.. Are peoples tire scrubbing the body with these wider hexes?

Ok pictures, adding bumps to my track. The Mojave eats up my bumps & jumps ramps with tire spin. I need rain or water on the track, plus seriously pack it.
Gotta say the Mojave shreds a track! Mine simpleton track anyways.

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

Hey all,
Just sharing my new Mojave ownership as of November '21. I normally drive 1/10 scale crawlers, but have raced 1/10 & 1/8 nitros years ago.
This is my first go fast rc in a long time.
Nothing ground breaking with my RTR Mojave. Just a track adjusted truck vs a top speed r/c. ...Looking forward to it.
My bone stock Mojo is 100% capable, learning slides and not wagging the tail accelerating is where I'm at. ;)
I missed the house, the trees, but it has run off the edge of my drive lol.

I have M2C hubs in hand & Scorched inner fenders on their way...

Wisdom, shared pics and Mojave experience here! Bring it. ...An evolving thread.
Any one else run theirs on an r/c track? (vs bmx) A true rc track? I think it might do rather poorly... Hmmm
I have/am built/building my own track which is/will be more flowing than a organized track...

From new... Just the EXB body with red cage & red wheels.

View attachment 183068
View attachment 183069
View attachment 183092
Just a few laps handle pretty well I think

I have not exited aarma existence! Got other things going on in life so not much r/c running in quite awhile.
Got inner fenders to trim up & mount and my outdoor track to use, having shaped it up slightly (rounded the jumps/G outs).
Keeping the track natural, it has blind spots (sage brush). Tough to corner aggressive on it. Full power its crazy - I have had better luck running 75% doing laps...
Anyway I hope to get back into my track shortly. Still cool & damp weather so (y)(y)(y). ...Gotta get back into it!
Lost many pics due to an icloud snafu, so I have to start over on pics grrr...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back