Mysterious chassis bolt posts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Im kind hoping someone will
know what those three post/bolt holes are for? Its been driving me nuts trying to figure it out.
20201215_235759.jpg

know what those three post/bolt holes are for? Its been driving me nuts trying to figure it out.View attachment 114215
I think the brushed models have the esc there. That's where I mounted my BLX100 to lower the cg.

-edit- Nope the brushed esc is not there. Now I want to know too :ROFLMAO:

I think the brushed models have the esc there. That's where I mounted my BLX100 to lower the cg.

-edit- Nope the brushed esc is not there. Now I want to know too :ROFLMAO:
Something they planned for the V2 or V3 vehicles maybe. I have a V1 Granite, and a V1 Senton/Typhon chassis, and it doesn't have those holes, or the raised lines on either chassis. As for the brushed cars, every brushed Arrma vehicle i have bought, the ESC is screwed to the top of the receiver box, like the one in the pic i attached.

Granite V1 Chassis.jpg

Granite V1.jpg

know what those three post/bolt holes are for? Its been driving me nuts trying to figure it out.View attachment 114215
0 lp
You could be right. I have v3 and now this bugs me more. I gotta write ARRMA and ask what cool sh1t did they have planned that never materialized?

It's for the esc.. the taller tower is for the motor wire clip that bolts in through the bottom.. (looks kinda like a bobby pin with 3 notches).. on the 4s the taller tower has a hook that retains the wires to the bottom of the tub...

If you have a typhon move the esc down to that location.. they breathe better and also have way less chance of snapping the ears of the esc.. all the lwb..so senton, big rock, typhon the esc will drop right in..

The esc wire that plugs into the rx will be slightly short.. the plug will just make it in the box if you run it directly over the lid.. I use a servo extension from there on in.. so you extension can be short..?
Also make sure you use short screws or they will blow through the bottom of the tub...?

Something they planned for the V2 or V3 vehicles maybe. I have a V1 Granite, and a V1 Senton/Typhon chassis, and it doesn't have those holes, or the raised lines on either chassis. As for the brushed cars, every brushed Arrma vehicle i have bought, the ESC is screwed to the top of the receiver box, like the one in the pic i attached.

View attachment 114217

View attachment 114228
Not sure, I bought my 3s Typhon on release day back in December 2018 and it had those holes there, so not sure what they were actually for. Someone jump on Bookface and ask Jason Dearden what they are for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back