need adhesive for rc rubber tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrma 43

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
hi guys! been through all the gorilla tape for belting does nothing for balooning after a while. Im using kevlar thread now. just need to find a flexible adhesive that dries in hour or so for inside rubber rc tire, know of a good one?? does gorilla glue do the job for this to hold the thread on tire?? what should I use ??? the guy on youtube used power poxy but they don't make anymore, want to know the same kind of glue for rubber??

This stuff works on gluing tires, Nylon & Lexan. Really anything. It's CA glue & it's not as thick as it states. And it doesn't dry instant quick if applied heavy. Couple drops will. It's called rubberized CA glue

20240324_183416.jpg

^^^^^ I used that IC2000 great. It takes 24 24hrs to cure and has some flex.

If you are sending too much power to those tires and over ballooning not much is going to help...maybe reduce the power, RPMs. battery power, diffs fluids depending on where you are at now.

^^^^^ I used that IC2000 great. It takes 24 24hrs to cure and has some flex.

If you are sending too much power to those tires and over ballooning not much is going to help...maybe reduce the power, RPMs. battery power, diffs fluids depending on where you are at now.
Another vote for IC2000, never had an issue with it.

Regular CA glue.
need something that wont dry to fast, anything for rubber??

gorilla black glue do it???

IC2000 is what the Dr. ordered.
Flexible for rubber tire use (y)
going to be gluing kelvar thread to tires. want something that will dry in 1/2 hour so string wont come off wont ca dry to quick??

going to be gluing kelvar thread to tires. want something that will dry in 1/2 hour so string wont come off wont ca dry to quick??

This stuff works on gluing tires, Nylon & Lexan. Really anything. It's CA glue & it's not as thick as it states. And it doesn't dry instant quick if applied heavy. Couple drops will. It's called rubberized CA glue

View attachment 356683

View attachment 356683
going ot be using anaconda 2.8 onroad tires keep load down, can you brush this on to get on faster and uniform??

Last edited:
This stuff is what u use when the dogs bite holes in my tires I've had rips 1/2 inch long that I glue back together and still holding up flexes with the tire and holds solid haven't had it rip another hole where I've patched it yet but for plastic and things like that it doesn't work at all kinda works on bodies but me tires it's the cats meow

Screenshot_20240329_094645_Chrome.jpg

gorilla black glue do it???

going ot be using anaconda 2.8 onroad tires keep load down, can you brush this on to get on faster and uniform??

Straight off the BSI webpage. https://bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_2000.html

Setup time is 20-40 seconds.

Full strength is reached in three hours.

That is plenty of time to lay down the Kevlar imho as I have wrapped tires with Kevlar and BSI-IC2000 before.

Last edited:
Back